Dogs like to chew things. In an effort to get them not to destroy your shoes or furniture, you buy your dog chew toys. Now, what do you do when your dog is an aggressive chewer and destroys even the toughest toys? Don’t fret. There are actually some toys out there that will stand up to aggressive chewers. The toys listed in this article are the best chew toys for aggressive chewers, based off of customer ratings and reviews. Perhaps you’ll find a few your dog will love.
11. StarMark Everlasting Fun Ball
Ideal For: Medium to large-sized dogs.
The first product on our list of best chew toys for aggressive chewers is a treat dispensing ball that is marketed as truly indestructible. Not only is the ball durable, but it also holds a cup of dog food easily. Your dog can play with it, and also get a treat from time to time, as a reward for his effort.
- Fun to play with.
- The treats can be hard to put in, due to the small size of the hole.
10. Goughnuts Rubber Dog Chew Toy
Ideal For: Small to medium-sized dogs.
This bright orange ring is virtually indestructible, and will provide your dogs something appropriate for them to chew on. The ring is five inches in diameter, and has a 1.75-inch cross-section. This ring is not only good for hours of chew time, but it’s also great for games of fetch and tug-of-war with your furry friend.
- If your dog chews through the outer orange layer of the ring to reveal the inner red layer, Goughnuts will replace the toy.
- The ring is virtually indestructible.
- More expensive than other dog toys on the market.
- Larger dogs can get their jaws caught in the middle of the ring.
9. Mammoth TireBiter Chew Toy with Rope
Ideal For: Large breeds.
The Mammoth TireBiter Chew Toy is made from specially formulated natural rubber, with patented two-ply nylon. At 10 inches, the ball is perfect for larger breeds of dogs who are aggressive chewers. The ball is great for interactive playtime; you can easily use it to play fetch or tug-of-war.
- Made from real tires, the rubber is very durable, and can stand up to aggressive chewing.
- The rope makes the toy great for games of fetch or tug-of-war.
- The toy comes in smaller sizes as well, for small and medium-sized dogs.
- The toy weighs three pounds, so it may not be the easiest toy for older dogs to carry around.
- The attached rope is standard, and some dogs have an easy time chewing through it.
8. Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Snoop Treat Dispensing Dog Toy
Ideal For: Active dogs who need mental stimulation.
This Planet Dog toy is a great toy for engaging your dog’s mind. The toy is translucent, so that your dog can see, smell, and hear the treats inside of it. The toy measures five by five by three-and-a-half inches, which makes it a good choice for puppies and adult dogs alike.
- Easy to clean. To wash, fill the toy with soapy water and swish it around. Rinse clean, and air dry.
- Provides dogs with mental stimulation and exercise.
- The toy is durable, and stands up well to aggressive chewing.
- Two percent of sales go to the Planet Dog Foundation to fund the training, support, and placement of working dogs for individuals in need.
- Picks up hair easily, and may need to be washed often.
- The toy has a strong mint smell, which some dogs may not like.
7. JW Ruffians Octopus
Ideal For: Medium and large-sized dogs.
The JW Ruffians Octopus is a squeaky, bouncy toy good for aggressive chewers. Not only is the toy good for dogs to play with on their own, but it can also be utilized in a fun and interactive game of fetch with your furry friend.
- Made from durable natural rubber.
- Great for interactive play.
- The toy’s price is comparable to other dog toys on the market.
- The squeaker is loud.
- Some dogs are able to chew off the tentacles.
6. GoDog Puppy Tough Ball Pig Dog Toy
Ideal For: Aggressive chewers of any breed.
The GoDog Puppy Tough Ball Pig has Chew Guard Technology that helps it last longer than a traditional plush toy. Its ball shape makes it a great toy to use for games of fetch. With five squeakers – one in the body and one in each foot – this toy is sure to keep your dog entertained.
- Double-stitched seams help this toy last longer than traditional plush toys.
- The company will give you a one-time replacement if your toy doesn’t last longer than traditional plush toys.
- The toy’s medium size makes it a good one for dogs of all sizes and breeds.
- Squeakers tend to fail fairly quickly.
- The squeaker in the body is buried deep within, and dogs have to work at it to get the body squeaker to make noise.
5. TreatStik Large Meal and Treat Dispensing Dog Toy
Ideal For: Dogs who have separation anxiety, and dogs who need to slow down while they’re eating.
The TreatStik is a toy you can use to feed your dog kibble or treats. The toy is good for dogs who need to eat more slowly, since it will randomly dispense the kibble or treats as your dog rolls it around, nudges it, and carries it around. The toy helps with weight management, as your dog has to work to get his kibble or treats, which is why it’s one of the best chew toys for aggressive chewers.
- The large top is easy to fill with kibble or treats.
- The toy is made of tough, non-splintering, non-toxic nylon.
- Made in the USA.
- You have to keep your hand over the hole in the toy as you fill it, so that the kibble or treats don’t fall out.
- The toy can be noisy.
- The toy can get stuck under furniture easily.
4. KONG Extreme Dog Pet Toy Dental Chew
Ideal For: Medium to large-sized dogs, and dogs who have separation anxiety.
This is an incredibly tough and durable toy that can stand up to aggressive chewers. You can stuff the toy with treats, to help ease boredom and separation anxiety. The toy’s unique shape makes it bounce unpredictably, which makes for fun games of fetch.
- The toy gives dogs a chewing workout, and helps clean their teeth and gums.
- Made from puncture-resistant rubber.
- The toy is non-abrasive, non-splintering, and does not get sharp when chewed.
- If you stuff the toy with treats, it provides a challenge for your dog, as the treats are difficult to get out.
- Not indestructible.
3. West Paw Zogoflex Hurley Durable Dog Bone Chew Toy
Ideal For: Medium and large-sized dogs.
This bone is durable, and made for long chewing sessions. It comes in bright colors, making it a good choice for games of fetch, no matter the season. It floats in water, which makes it a good toy to use at the beach, lake, or pond. This bone is gentler and safer than rawhide bones.
- Made in the USA, certified-safe, and FDA-compliant.
- The bone comes in mini and small sizes for smaller dogs.
- The toy is not indestructible.
2. Outward Hound Invincibles Plush Frog Stuffingless Durable Dog Toy
Ideal For: Puppies and small to medium-sized dogs.
The Outward Hound toy is a great choice for dogs who enjoy squeaky plush toys. What makes this toy one of the best chew toys for aggressive chewers is that it contains four squeakers that continue to squeak even after they’ve been punctured. The toy’s Dura-Tuff inner lining and double layered seams help prevent ripping.
- The toy contains no stuffing.
- The toy comes in a larger size for larger dogs as well.
- Lasts much longer than other plush dog toys on the market.
- It is not indestructible.
- The eyes can be chewed off and swallowed.
1. West Paws Zogoflex Zisc Tough Flying Disc Dog Play Toy
Ideal For: Medium to large-sized dogs.
This toy is lightweight and durable, perfect for a game of fetch with your furry friend. The Zisc floats, which is great for water-loving dogs. It also flies like a hard plastic disc, but it’s soft on your dog’s mouth.
- BPA-and-Phthalate-free, FDA-compliant, and non-toxic.
- Comes in 6.5 inches for smaller dogs, and 8.5 inches for larger dogs.
- It’s not indestructible.
If you have an aggressive chewer at home, it can be very challenging to find toys it can’t destroy immediately. The best chew toys for aggressive chewers will be able to provide your dog with hours of fun without ripping, tearing, or being punctured. What toys have worked for your aggressive chewer? Please share your experiences with us down below.
Recommended read: 10 Best Dog Chew Toys