Rabbits are among some of the messiest small animals to own. One of the ways in which you can cut down on the cleanup time is to invest in a proper litter box.
In fact, litter-training a rabbit isn’t as difficult as it seems. Simply offer them the best litter boxes rabbits can have and you’ll be presented with a cleaner cage.
There are plenty of options to choose from when it comes to finding a litter box for your rabbit. The best litter boxes rabbits will tend to use will have a list of qualities in common. Comparing products based on their safety, comfort, cleaning difficulty, ease of use, and reviews left by previous users will weed out the poorly designed litter boxes.
In this article, we have taken those criterions and presented you with the eight best litter boxes rabbits can have in their cages.
8. WYOK Rabbit Cage Litter Box
Ideal For: Owners with one rabbit.
The first top contender for best litter boxes rabbits will use is the WYOK product. This setup is designed to be long lasting with environmentally friendly PP material. The design also makes it easy to clean on a daily basis.
• The litter box can be secured to the side of the cage with attached cage hooks.
• Added grates catch the litter and open up when needing to be cleaning.
• This product is on the smaller size and therefore needs to be dumped out more often
7. Amukunft Square Potty Trainer Litter Box
Ideal For: Owners with multiple rabbits.
Included in our lineup of the best litter boxes rabbits prefer, this product offers a removable grid floor design to keep the litter contained. The larger size also gives you more time in-between cleaning sessions.
• This litter box has an attached set of cage hooks and holes to keep from moving around while in use.
• The grid floor is easy to be lifted out and wiped down.
• Although it is wider than some products, this item won’t fit larger rabbits
6. Mkono Small Animal Litter Box
Ideal For: Owners with smaller rabbits.
This product is suggested for those who have smaller breeds such as dwarfs, pygmy’s, and mini lops. Your pet can easily access their litter box through the low-entry design while the elevated corner on the back prevents spillage.
• Having the plastic grates be removable makes cleaning quick and easy.
• Included clips help secure this box to the side of the cage.
• Due to the small size, this litter box needs to be changed daily to avoid unwanted smells.
5. Kaytee Corner Litter Tray
Ideal For: Owners with one adult-sized rabbit.
Another option for the best litter boxes rabbits could use is a simple litter tray design without any grates. These are easy to dump out and wipe clean when need be. The sides are higher than the entrance, therefore minimizing the amount of litter and bedding dirtying your cage.
• The high sides help to keep any bedding and litter inside the litter box.
• Users’ have remarked that this product is durable and sturdy, lasting over a period of time.
• There is nothing provided to secure this litter tray to the back of a cage.
4. Nature’s Miracle Disposable Cat Litter Box
Ideal For: Owners with multiple or large rabbits.
A bit less traditional is the disposable kinds of litter boxes. These products, such as the Nature’s Miracle Box come in a pack of three and are made out of recycled paper. It is lined with baking soda to reduce odors, and simply can be tossed out when needing a new litter box.
• The materials used to make this litter box reinforce the sides and do not allow it to shred or leak.
• Disposing of the entire litter box at once is much less hassle.
• Due to the type of litter box, this product only lasts for abut a month, depending on how much waste your rabbit accumulates.
3. Van Ness Small Litter Pan
Ideal For: Owners with larger rabbits.
The Van Ness Small Litter Pan is intended for cats, though some rabbits can use it. This product is easy to clean with a simple scrub down. It is also stain-resistant, allowing it to last for a while.
• Being only a few dollars makes these litter boxes affordable.
• This product is made to be durable and stable.
• Since the lip on the side isn’t short enough, only certain rabbits would be able to jump in to use this litter box.
2. PuppyGoHere Litter Pan
Ideal For: Owners with multiple or larger rabbits.
We chose to include this product due to its size and hardy construction. Located on the front end of this litter box is a lower opening to make it easy for a rabbit to use.
• This litter box is able to fit a few rabbits so that you can clean every few days instead of daily.
• The entrance is only about an inch tall, making it convenient for a rabbit to use.
• Users have noticed that the plastic material causes this pan to slip around.
1. Ware Manufacturing Jumbo Plastic Lock-N-Litter Small Pet Pan
Ideal For: Owners with multiple rabbits.
To round off our list of the best litter boxes rabbits would use is the Ware Manufacturing Jumbo Litter Pan. This product is ideal for any cage because it is durable, stain-resistant, easy to clean, and has a plastic guard to keep the litter contained.
• With the added guard and wire flooring, cleaning is simple.
• The added holes and clips help fasten this litter box to the side of the cage.
• The plastic guard is made with smaller bars, which may be uncomfortable on a rabbit’s foot.
Picking the right litter box can save you extra time spent cleaning it day after day. As with any item you’re investing in, you’ll want to compare each product based on a number of qualities.
Litter boxes should be safe, easy to clean, comfortable, easy to use, and liked overall by previous buyers. We hope that the top contenders provided in this article will save you time on sifting through which litter box will get the job done, keeping both you and your bunny happy.
Photo credit: Amazon