Being pet lovers, we understand how uncomfortably awkward it can be to travel with your cat, and you just want to make the journey as comfortable, secure, and more importantly, safe as possible for your pet when you are on the go. That is why after much research we have compiled a list of the best products for every kind of situation, for different sizes house cats. A cat carrier will not only help you get your pet where you need to go, but also give your cat the comfort, support, and security needed to make the trip easy for everyone.
10. Pet Fit Life Collapsible Cat Bed
• Long car rides.
• Extreme traveling, camping, road trips, or hotels.
The Pet Fit Life Cat Bed owns up to its true name as it has just about everything your cat will need on the go, making packing up for the road a bit easier. Built with premium materials such as nylon fabric and a solid flexible steel frame, it is designed to survive years of use. It has a large, spacious interior design to give plenty of room for your kitty to get relaxed anywhere, plus enough space for your cat’s favorite bed. There are seat belt straps to make car rides safe, more secure, and has a washable super soft covered padded floor to make those long trips cozier. The carrier has 4 integrated loops for staking so you can turn your cat carrier into a cat tent. It even comes with a foldable lined litter box, cat toy, and a bowl you can use for food or water.
- Comes with bonus features, spacious, safe.
- Comes with additional goodies.
- Secure with two zippered screen windows that offer plenty of ventilation.
- Has carrying handles.
- Comes with loops and spikes for the outdoors.
- Windows have flaps.
- Harder to carry with two cats, might not be suitable for very active cats.
9. Collapsible Pet Carrier
• All size and weight cats.
This Collapsible Pet Carrier is for owners who are looking for a carrier that is sturdier yet still comfortable for your feline friend. It has a hard cover that protects your pet from rain, moisture floors, any bumps that may occur while you carry them. There is a padded mat inside that offers a soft place for your cat to lay down.
- Easy to clean, very durable, easy to get you cat in or out of, fold-able.
- Has holes and screen door for better air flow.
- Can unzip on the top or bottom for easy access to your kitty.
- Backed by a 2-year warranty.
- Takes up little space in storage.
- Mesh screen door.
- Has a non-slip bottom.
- The zippers are a bit finicky, slightly difficult to assemble.
8. The Pet Magasin Soft-Sided
• Most cats.
This lightweight pet carrier has cozy padding inside made from waterproof material, making it easy to wipe clean and offers a carry-handle, and an adjustable over the shoulder strap to make it easy to transport. It is built to be sturdy and hold shape when the end panels are zipped up so it won’t collapse on your pet. There is a leash attached to the case that will allow you to clip on your pet’s collar for additional security so your cat won’t rush out and has a pocket outside of the case for storing treats, toys, or other necessities that will make the trip more pleasant.
- Affordable, easy to store, lightweight, easy to maintain.
- Airline approved.
- 2-year 100% money back warranty.
- Can be unzipped to fold flat for easy storage.
- It has a meshed pouch for holding things.
- Has three meshed windows for ventilation.
- Has only one zipper to hold the case together, limited moving space.
7. Mr. Peanut’s Airline Approved Soft Sided Pet Carrier
• Cats up to 14 lbs.
This Mr. Peanut’s cat carrier is airport approved and has multiple pockets for storing treats, toys, and other essentials, making it easy for flights.
It comes with a plush interior fleece padding that will provide comfort and warmth as you travel and has large mesh window on the top and sides to provide great airflow for your pet. It has a lost and found tag holder so you can be prepared, and also designed to be easily secured with a seat belt.
- Comfortable, easy to travel with, safe, made with military grade materials.
- Comes in five colors.
- Has lost and Found tags.
- Able to secure with lockable zipper.
- Plenty of ventilation.
- Airline approved.
- Seat belt friendly.
- Dry clean only, might collapse over time.
6. Sportpet Designs Travel Cat Carrier
• Small, light Cats.
Sportpet Designs Travel is a one of a kind design that will make transportation easier than most traditional hard case cat carriers. It was built with an easy to open wide sideways door that makes it more natural for kitty to move in or out of. It is made with an impact resistant sturdy frame that will keep your pet safe, and secure while you travel.
- Super simple to use, portable, sturdy, easy to maintain, lots of ventilation.
- Easy to assemble.
- Comes in a gray body with a tan color door.
- Simple to clean.
- Folds down effortlessly for smart storage.
- A strong easy flip lock.
- Sturdy handle.
- Might not be suitable for heavier or bigger cats.
5. Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier
• Pets that are used to travel.
This Sherpa Deluxe comes in three sizes, small, medium, and large so you can get as much space as your cat would like. Regardless if you are making trips in a car or carry it on a plane, this provides a great deal of airflow through the large meshed windows on three sides of the case in order to keep your cat cool. It has multiple handles and straps so you can take the cat carrier any way you prefer and provides a convent top pocket for storing things you need on the go.
This is perfect for fuzzy escape artist as it gives you side and top entry with safety feature locking zippers to keep your cat secure and running away.
- Spacious, easy to carry, comfortable, approved for airlines.
- Has four colors to choose from.
- Comes with a machine washable faux lambskin liner.
- Lightweight and easy to carry.
- Three sizes to pick from.
- Lockable zippers.
- The large can carry up to 22 lbs.
- Mesh might not be durable enough for clawing cats.
4. Petsfit Expandable Cat Carrier
• Cats up to 13 lbs.
This Petsfit Expandable is carrier will make your cat feel like living in a kitty house while they are on those long car rides as it is spacious and offers a soft machine washable pillow soft mat. It has a secure leash built inside and a big pocket on the top so you are able to keep all the cat’s necessities with your pet as you travel. The roomy carrier offer space for kitty to stretch expendable meshed patio that will give your fur ball plenty of room to move and ventilation.
- Durable, super roomy, easy to assemble, decent priced.
- Large pocket for packing anything you need.
- Made from great strong materials.
- Great little pop out patio for additional space.
- It folds down easy for storage.
- Not ideal for flights.
3. OxGord Pet Stroller
• The active cat lover.
Perhaps you are looking to do a lot of walking and really don’t want to leave your cat at home or to carry your pet around in a traditional case. Then this type of carrier you are looking for. This promotes a healthy lifestyle for you and your pet and is perfect for those long walks on a beautiful day or if you do a lot of traveling on your feet. It has a seat belt leash, brakes, waterproof rain hood top, and mesh screen cover so your cat can view the outdoors without worrying about them escaping.
- Allows you to be active with your cat, spacious, comfortable.
- Easy to assemble.
- Front and rear entry.
- Provides a nice undercarriage.
- Easy to fold.
- Has man colors to choose from.
- Can pick either 3 or 4 wheels.
- Comes with two drink holders.
- Not ideal for car travel or flights.
2. Texsens Innovative Traveler Bubble Backpack
• Cats up to 15 lbs.
Get ready for the countdown, this cat rocket is ready to take off. This is a fun revolutionary bubble semi-sphere like design that will make your cat feel like a space explorer. With the adjustable padded shoulder straps, you can keep your favorite cat close by carrying them on your back while you travel and also has a carrying handle to easily attach a seat belt for safe car rides. It has a built-in secure leash, washable, mesh panels and ventilation holes. This might be a case that your cat will actually be excited to be in.
- Unique backpack design, gives your pet a good view, easy to travel with, safe.
- Top and bottom entries for easy access to your pet.
- Offers a 3d window for your pet’s head to view the outside world.
- Has a machine washable pad that comes with a removable cover.
- Made with comfortable yet sturdy mesh and PU leather.
- Large air holes and side screens for ventilation.
- Pricey, a bit on the bulky side.
1. PetLuv Smoothing Happy Cat
• Medium to large cats.
• Multiple cats with a total of 45 lbs.
This PetLuv Smoothing Happy Cat carrier is so luxurious that cats will think it is a royal bed built just for them, with its ultra-soft pillow and spacious quarters this is a comfortable way for any cat to travel. It has three large zippered meshed windows for breezy airflow that can open up as well as top entrance making it super easy to get a hold of your pet.
- Roomy, super comfortable, easy access, durable, simple to carry.
- Built with a sturdy metal frame.
- It has a firm carrying strapped handle.
- Comes in navy blue.
- Has flaps to control cats view.
- Really easy to pop open to use and flatten for storage.
- Might not be suitable for frequent accidents.
There you have it. Every cat carrier we could think of to cover any situation you may have. It is our goal to provide you with the best-rated products to suit every need, but if we missed one from our list then please let us know and we would be happy to hear from you. What was your favorite cat carrier and why? Feel free to leave a comment to tell us everything you are looking to have for your awesome meow friend.