Plenty of exercise is one of the most important things a dog needs to stay happy and healthy. But some days, dog owners might simply lack the time to take their pets out for long walks. So in such cases, rely on the best dog treadmill to keep them healthy in your place!
Dog treadmills help in situations when you simply don’t have the time to walk your pet dogs. Or they can also be useful when the boiling heat of summer or the icy claws of winter may be a bit too much for you to walk your dog – or for them too!
For your convenience, we are going to look at some of the most popular and best dog treadmill options available nowadays, and compare them so you’ll find it easier to pick one!
We picked these dog treadmills based on their size, features, capacity, and also based on their product reviews and what other dog owners had to say about them.
5. dogPacer MiniPacer Treadmill
Ideal for: Smaller dogs (up to 55 pounds)
If you are shopping for a treadmill, and are feeling a bit budget-conscious, this model is worth some serious consideration.
The MiniPacer was designed for small dogs who might have to exercise in limited space areas.
This dog treadmill is designed to have a running area of 38″ x 16″.
Dog owners can set it to speeds ranging from 0.5 miles per hour to 7.5 miles per hour.
- Adjustable speed
- Comes pre-programmed with fitness routines
- Perfect for small to medium-sized dogs
- Its assembly instructions might be difficult to follow
Suggested: You might also be interested in some indestructible dog toys that will keep your buddy entertained while running on the treadmill.
4. GoPet Petrun Pr700 Indoor Exercise / Fitness Kit
Ideal for: Active small and medium dogs (up to 44 pounds)
With the safety of smaller dogs in mind, the GoPet PetRun PR700 decided to keep things close to the ground.
It also boasts with having one if not the lowest running platforms on the market.
This treadmill is safe and easy for your dogs to climb aboard.
The running area on this product is 28″ x 16″ with speeds of up to 7.4 miles per hour.
You get to control the speed settings and also the timer. GoPet’s pet treadmill also comes with manual or remote control and an emergency safety stop.
- Silent driving system for quiet operations – this makes it ideal for apartments
- Emergency safety stop
- Remote or manual control
- Features a dog chain holder
- May require some belt adjustment to prevent rubbing
3. dogPacer LF Dog Treadmill
Ideal for: Any dog up to 180 pounds
With an onboard computer and the ability to preset exercise routines or program your own, this Dog Pacer is one of the best, most high-tech treadmills on this list.
It is designed to be both sleek and functional. Namely, its compact design allows you to fold it so you can save up space, if need be.
The running area on this product is 71″ x 16.5″ and comes at a 5 to 9 degrees incline. It is also one of the best dog treadmill options for pets up to 175 lbs to 180 lbs big.
- Its controls are simple to learn and easy to use
- Quiet electric motor
- Easy, patented folding system
- Customizable programming
- It weighs 97 pounds – so it might be difficult for just one person to move
2. GoPet Treadmill Small/Medium
Ideal for: All dogs up to 132 pounds
Like the other GoPet products on this list, this GoPet Small/Medium treadmill features an electric motor with adjustable speeds ranging from 0.6 mph – 7.5 mph.
Another great thing about it is that you can make these changes either directly from the treadmill console or via remote control.
The treadmill also features wheels so it can be easily moved and stored in your house or apartment.
The running area on this product is 52″ x 16″. As the previous product, it can be folded thanks to its air cylinder auto-fold system.
- Speed and timer control
- Emergency safety stop
- Extremely quiet motor
- Metal eyelet allows you to attach toys, treats, or other motivational items to the front of the treadmill
- Comes with a dog chain folder
- Shipping weight is 100 pounds – a heavy product
1. GoPet Treadwheel – Indoor / Outdoor Exercise
Ideal for: Large Dogs (up to 150 pounds)
If you have a larger dog and want a non-electric dog treadmill that is usable both indoors or out, then this best dog treadmill might just be the perfect solution for you.
Larger dog breeds might experience wear and tear at the joints and pads, and this can be quite a concern for dog owners.
So keeping this in mind, the GoPet TreadWheel has a cushioned, durable matted surface, to help protect and offer them comfort even as your dogs are running.
The running area on this product is 60″ x 20″ – it can accommodate either a large dog or two smaller breeds.
The front/side of this treadmill has a door which you can open and close as you are training your dog to use the product.
- Easy to clean and put together/adapt to fit your pet’s needs
- You can use indoors as well as outdoors
- Tension Control for added resistance
- Your pet can use it even when you aren’t home if you train them to do so
- The wheel can move a bit if your dog gets going really fast
As you can see, this list contains several different types of dog treadmills each with its own specific features. Their wide range should thus meet all your dogs’ needs, no matter their size or age and they should also fit well in your house too.
Do you have any experiences with any of the products on this best dog treadmill list? Please share your thoughts and opinions in a comment below!
Recommended Read: Best Dog Boots to Keep Those Paws Safe!