Many consider toy pets to be just accessories. However, toys are crucial for a pet’s physical and mental well-being.
So it would be a good idea to get some for your pets, even or especially if you own a parrot – it will help keep them entertained.
A bored bird pet will not back away from screaming, biting, and even feather picking. Parrot toys can reduce the behavioral issues caused by boredom, so in this article, we listed the best parrot toys currently on the market.
13. JW Pet Company Activitoys Birdie Bowling Bird Toy
Ideal for: Cockatiels, parakeets, and others birds of this size
This bird bowling toy is stimulating both mentally and physically, which is what a bird toy should ideally be.
It can entertain your parrot for hours, and it also contributes to its well-being.
As you can imagine, it works just like a miniature bowling arena, with a ball that the bird can wiggle and rock towards the pins.
- Mirrored surface makes it even more entertaining;
- Keeps the birds busy for a long time;
- Many features.
- Made of cheap plastic;
- The ball may come off easily;
- Some customers report receiving the toy already broken.
12. Caitec Corp Paradise Popsicle Sticks Bird Toy
Ideal for: Smaller birds
If you’re looking for cheaper parrot toys, then this may be the toy for you.
The Caitec stick toy offers stimulation for your parrots and with a combination of sticks and beads, your bird will have multiple options to chew on.
This toy is extremely affordable, and fun as well. Parrots can grasp it easily due to the cotton rope placed at the bottom of the toy.
- Easy for birds to grasp;
- Fun and stress relieving;
- Combination of beads and sticks for your bird to chew on;
- Relieves boredom.
- Small life expectancy;
- The bird’s claw might get caught in the rope;
- The color of the sticks fades easily.
11. Bonka Bird Toys Paci-Pull Toy
Ideal for: Aggressive birds
The Bonka Bird Paci-Pull Toy is a great toy for birds that are destructive. This toy is durable, easy to clean, and offers a variety of shapes for your parrot to play with.
Your parrot will enjoy the diverse shapes and the bright colors, all while playing rough!
You can buy it for small to medium birds as the toy is 9 inches high and 3 inches wide.
- Great size for small birds, such as parrots;
- Vibrant acrylic rings that will draw your bird’s attention;
- Easy to clean.
- May be destroyed quickly by particularly aggressive birds;
- The toy is smaller than it appears;
- Colors may vary.
10. Aigou Wooden Bird Swing Perch
Ideal for: Small parrots
The Aigou bird swing with bells has multiple uses for your bird. Your parrot can either swing, chew, ring the bells, or use it as a perch!
Basically, you get a multifunctional parrot toy that your bird will definitely enjoy playing with. The materials used to make this toy are cotton, wood, and metal.
- Perfect size for small birds, such as parrots;
- Easy installation;
- Great for climbing, roosting, and chewing on.
- The bells are too noisy;
- The toy is not extremely resistant.
9. MEWTOGO Wooden Bird Toy
Ideal for: Big parrots
The MEWTOGO Wooden Bird Toy has a unique design and bright colors that your parrot will enjoy. This toy is both durable and stimulating.
Your parrot will never get bored with this toy, as there are many textures and shapes for your bird to explore. It is handmade of a combination of wood, plastic, and metal.
- Natural and safe for pet birds;
- Easy installment to the cage; can be installed horizontally or vertically;
- A variety of shapes and textures for your bird to investigate;
- Aids both mental and physical stimulation.
- Suited only for big birds;
- The dye tends to come off;
- Aggressive birds might destroy it quickly;
- The plastic is a bit flimsy.
8. etrech Knots Block Chewing Parrot Toy
Ideal for: Amazons, Eclectus, African Greys, Mini Macaws, and Small Cockatoos
This etrech toy is the perfect size for parrots and is made from non-toxic, safe materials..
The toy is great for your parrot to chew and preen on, and it will be a great aid in your parrot’s boredom and desire to chew.
It is 15.75 inches long and has a diameter of 0.79 inches.
- Can be used for chewing or preening;
- Safe for pets;
- Perfect size for small birds such as parrots;
- Attaches to the cage effortlessly.
- Might not be durable;
- The dye on the rope might come off.
7. JW Pet Company Activitoys Hol-ee Roller Bird Toy
Ideal for: Parrots that like to chew
This JW Pet toy is made of tough rubber which is 100 percent natural, so it is both safe for your parrot and resistant to their pecking.
Due to the holes surrounding the toy, you can fill it with different treats for your parrot and make it more entertaining.
- Suitable for all kinds of parrots;
- Challenges the parrot both physically and intellectually;
- Great foraging toy.
- May have an unpleasant, plastic smell;
- Some parrots are not interested in playing with it;
- If you don’t put treats in, the toy may be too boring for your parrot.
6. JW Pet Activitoys Nut Case
Ideal for: Parrots of all sizes
This Activitoys Nut Case toy is made of natural rubber that is tough and resistant.
Its purpose is to be filled with treats for your pet birds, so they can put some effort into getting them out.
This will challenge your parrot both physically and mentally, which is exactly what a parrot toy should do.
- Great for your parrot’s body, mind, and soul;
- Made of 100% natural materials.
- Some customers report their bird ignoring the toy entirely;
- Strong birds may destroy it quickly.
5. Planet Pleasures Octopus Pinata Bird Toy
Ideal for: African Greys, Cockatiels
The Planet Pleasures Octopus Toy is a colorful piñata that will attract your birds. It has multiple “arms” that your parrots can play with and shred.
The toy is made with natural fibers, so you don’t have to worry about it being unsafe for your parrot.
Your parrot will surely have a fun time attacking this octopus!
- Bright colors that will attract your bird;
- Made with natural and safe materials;
- A perfect shredding toy that can help with feather plucking;
- Great fun.
- Birds might be skeptical at first;
- Flimsy construction;
- Might not last long.
4. Etrech Climbing Hanging Toy for Birds
Ideal for: Multiple parrots
The etrech bungee perch is sure to satisfy your bird’s every need. You will get a durable toy and a perch for your parrot that is worth the price.
Parrot toys with multiple uses, such as this one, are very beneficial. Not only can they be used for play, but they can be used for perching as well.
This will make your parrot comfortable being in its cage, especially at night!
- Safe for pets;
- Durable wire;
- A brightly colored rope that will draw the attention of your bird;
- Suits only large cages;
- The rope tends to slide down on the wire;
- The bell is lightweight, and can be destroyed quickly.
3. Wesco Pet Kabob Shreddable Bird Toy
Ideal for: All hookbill birds
The Wesco Pet Shreddable Bird Toy will satisfy your parrot’s need to chew. It will give your bird something to do, so they don’t shred items in their cage.
This toy will save you from having to replace items that your bird has chewed on. It is made from pithy wood that is fibrous and soft.
- Satisfies parrot’s need to chew;
- Perfect for birds with feather picking problems;
- Functions as bird catnip.
- Can make a big mess;
- Can be destroyed quickly by aggressive chewers.
2. Caitec Paradise Large Cotton Snuggle Ring Bird Toy
Ideal for: African Greys, Amazons, Cockatoos
The Caitec Paradise Snuggle Ring offers comfort and entertainment for your pet parrot. It’s cozy and perfect for your parrot to snuggle with.
This parrot toy will cure your bird’s boredom, and keep them relaxed in their cage.
The toy is made of materials that are safe for your bird.
- Bright colors that will draw your bird’s attention;
- Nice and soft for the bird that likes to snuggle;
- Safe for pet birds;
- Easy installation in the cage.
- Will tear apart easily;
- You might need to trim frayed edges;
- The measurements can be deceiving.
1. Paradise Knots Block Chewing Toy
Ideal for: Clever birds, Macaws, and Cockatoos
The Paradise Knots and Block Toy is full of shapes and blocks for your parrot to enjoy. This toy is perfect for the parrot that likes to chew or perch.
The toy itself is durable and inexpensive, so your parrot can have fun without breaking the bank! It is a great toy for preening and chewing.
- Various shapes and colors;
- Natural wood and cotton rope;
- Offers parrots the opportunity to preen;
- Easy installation in the cage.
- The rope is not durable;
- The wood might splinter, which might turn into a choking hazard;
- The dye comes off quickly.
Parrot toys come in all shapes and sizes, but all are very important to your pet’s mental and physical health.
In this article, we reviewed some of our favorite parrot toys, based on their popularity and user ratings.
Did we miss any parrot toys that should be included in this top?
Let us know what your parrots enjoy playing with!
Roxane is a self-professed animal lover that has had her fair share of companions. From the tender age of 5 till now, she’s had cats, dogs, rabbits, bunnies, turtles, fish, hamsters, guinea pigs, and even a chicken and rooster pair. With such a vast experience, it’s no wonder she’s written and will continue writing about the best toys and accessories for various pets.