Many consider toys as accessories for their pet. However, toys are crucial for the pet’s physical and mental well-being. If you own a parrot, you may want to consider purchasing parrot toys, so they don’t get bored. The effects of boredom include biting, screaming, and feather picking. Parrot toys can reduce the behavioral issues caused by boredom. In this article, we review 11 of the best parrot toys on the market, looking at their features, pros, and cons.
11. JW Pet Company Activitoys Birdie Bowling Bird Toy
Ideal for: cockatiels, parakeets, and others birds of this size
This bird bowling toy is stimulating both mentally and physically, which is what a bird toy should ideally be. It can entertain your parrot for hours, and it also contributes to its well-being. As you can imagine, it works just as a miniature bowling arena, with a ball that the bird can wiggle and rock towards the pins.
- Mirrored surface makes it even more entertaining;
- Keeps the birds busy for a long time;
- Made of cheap plastic.
10. Caitec Corp Paradise Popsicle Sticks Bird Toy
Ideal for: smaller birds
If you’re looking for cheaper parrot toys, then this may be the toy for you. The Caitec stick toy offers stimulation for your parrots. With a combination of sticks and beads, your bird will have multiple options to chew on. This toy is extremely affordable, and fun as well.
- Easy for birds to grasp;
- Fun and stress relieving;
- Combination of beads and sticks for your bird to chew on;
- Small life expectancy.
9. Bonka Bird Toys Paci-Pull Toy
Ideal for: aggressive birds
The Bonka Bird Paci-Pull Toy is a great toy for birds that are destructive. The toy is durable, easy to clean, and offers a variety of shapes for your parrot to play with. Your parrot will enjoy the diverse shapes and the bright colors, all while playing rough!
- Great size for small birds, such as parrots;
- Vibrant acrylic rings that will draw your bird’s attention;
- Easy to clean;
- May be destroyed quickly by particularly aggressive birds;
8. Aigou Wooden Bird Swing Perch
Ideal for: small parrots
The Aigou bird swing with bells has multiple uses for your bird. Your parrot can either swing, chew, ring the bells, or use it as a perch! For less than $20.00, you get a multifunctional parrot toy that your bird will definitely enjoy playing with.
- Perfect size for small birds, such as parrots;
- Easy installation;
- Great for climbing, roosting, and chewing on;
- The bells are too noisy;
7. Vpets Wooden Bird Toy
Ideal for: big parrots
The Vpets Wooden Bird Toy has a unique design and bright colors that your parrot will enjoy. Your parrot will never get bored with this toy, as there are many textures and shapes for your bird to explore. This toy is both durable and stimulating.
- Natural and safe for pet birds;
- Easy installment to cage; can be installed horizontally or vertically;
- A variety of shapes and textures for your bird to investigate;
- Suited only for big birds;
6. Etrech Knots Block Chewing Parrot Toy
Ideal for: Amazons, Eclectus, African Greys, Mini Macaws, and Small Cockatoos
This Etrech toy is the perfect size for parrots. The toy is great for your parrot to chew and preen on, and it will be a great aid in your parrot’s boredom and desire to chew. The toy is made from non-toxic, safe materials.
- Can be used for chewing or preening;
- Safe for pets;
- Perfect size for small birds such as parrots;
- Attaches to cage effortlessly;
- Might not be durable;
5. Planet Pleasures Octopus Pinata Bird Toy
Ideal for: African Greys, cockatiels
The Planet Pleasures Octopus Toy is a colorful piñata that will attract your birds. It has multiple “arms” that your parrots can play with and shred. Your parrot will surely have a fun time attacking this octopus!
- Bright colors that will attract your bird;
- Made with natural and safe materials;
- A perfect shredding toy that can help with feather plucking;
- Birds might be skeptical at first;
4. Etrech Bird Spiral Rope Bungee Perch
Ideal for: multiple parrots
The Etrech Bungee Perch is sure to satisfy your bird’s needs. Parrot toys with multiple uses, such as this one, are very beneficial. Not only can they be used for play, but they can be used for perching as well. This will make your parrot comfortable being in its cage, especially at night! You will get a durable toy and a perch for your parrot that is worth the price.
- Safe for pets;
- Durable wire;
- Brightly colored rope that will draw the attention of your bird;
- Suits only large cages;
3. Wesco Pet Kabob Shreddable Bird Toy
Ideal for: all hookbill birds
The Wesco Pet Shreddable Bird Toy will satisfy your parrot’s need to chew. It will give your bird something to do, so they don’t shred items in their cage. This toy will save you from having to replace items that your bird has chewed on. What a deal!
- Satisfies parrot’s need to chew;
- Perfect for birds with feather picking problems;
- Can make a big mess;
2. Caitec Paradise Large Cotton Snuggle Ring Bird Toy
Ideal for: African Greys, Amazons, Cockatoos
The Caitec Paradise Snuggle Ring offers comfort and entertainment for your pet parrot. It’s warm and perfect for your parrot to snuggle with. This parrot toy will cure your bird’s boredom, and keep them relaxed in their cage.
- Bright colors that will draw your bird’s attention;
- Nice and soft for the bird that likes to snuggle;
- Safe for pet birds;
- Easy installation to cage;
- Will tear apart easily;
1. Paradise Knots Block Chewing Toy
Ideal for: clever birds, Macaws, and Cockatoos
The Paradise Knots and Block Toy is full of shapes and blocks for your parrot to enjoy. This toy is perfect for the parrot that likes to chew or perch. The toy itself is durable and inexpensive, so your parrot can have fun without breaking the bank!
- Various shapes and colors;
- Natural wood and cotton rope;
- Offers parrots the opportunity to preen;
- Easy installation to cage;
- The rope is not durable;
Parrot toys come in all shapes and sizes, but all are very important to your pet’s mental and physical health. In this article, we addressed some of our favorite parrot toys, based on their popularity and user ratings. Did we miss any toys that should be included in this top ten? Let us know what your parrots enjoy playing with! Be sure to give these items a try if you are a parrot owner looking to keep your bird happy and healthy.
Recommended Read: Best Parakeet Toys