Different dogs enjoy different toys. However, it seems that many dogs enjoy dog squeaky toys. These toys are interactive and sensory-stimulating. The following dog squeaky toys are some of the most durable, creative, and cute-looking squeaky toys available for dogs of various sizes, ages, and play styles. Each item is evaluated on its price, quality of materials, and playtime appeal. Read on to see which toys made the list.
14. Multipet Loofa Dog Plush Dog Toy
Ideal for: Dogs that needs some entertainment.
These plush and colorful dog toys are perfect to keep your pooch entertained for a long time. The fact that the toys also come with a squeaker just makes everything even better. Even though this toy is not indestructible, dogs can play with it even if some of the stuffing is gone.
- Good for playing fetch.
- Your dog can play with it unsupervised.
- Good for cuddling as well.
- Aggressive chewers can destroy it quite fast.
- The stuffing can make a mess.
- The presentation image can be misleading, since this is not a set.
13. KONG Air Dog Squeakair Birthday Balls Dog Toy
Ideal for: Medium dogs.
These birthday dog toy balls are perfect to get your dog for their birthday, particularly if they’re a fan of toys that squeak. These balls work great for fun games of fetch. They are made of a tennis material that is non-abrasive, so they won’t be uncomfortable for your dog to chew on. They only come in an M size.
- Available in just one size: medium
- Not great for small dogs.
- Heavy chewers will destroy these balls quickly.
12. Outward Hound Durable Tough Squeaking Plush Dog Toy
Ideal for: All size dogs, due to the different sizes it comes in.
This toy from Outward Hound contains multiple squeakers, so it’s a great addition to this list. Not only that, but it is also marketed as invincible, so your dog can play with it for a long time, without it getting destroyed, or creating a mess around the house. This is one of the best dog squeaky toys for heavy chewers.
- Contains no stuffing
- Keeps on squeaking even if the dog punctures the squeakers
- Strong binding
- The squeakers may be annoying for the owner
- Some dogs might be afraid of the loud squeaker.
- Some owners claim their aggressive chewers managed to destroy the toy.
11. Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel and Puzzle Plush Squeaking Toy for Dogs
Ideal for: Bored dogs that need some action.
This is a great puzzle toy for dogs, stuffed with squirrels that squeak, and that your dog can play with and chew on. The puzzle is interactive enough to entertain dogs that are bored, and you can be a part of your dog’s excitement, since you can play together. You can also remove the squirrels and use them to play fetch.
- Available in 4 sizes
- Interactive and challenging
- Fun for both you and your dog
- Not suitable for larger dogs or heavy chewers, since they can destroy it quickly
- Dogs that are used to these kinds of toys might find it boring.
- You need to supervise your dog when playing with this toy.
10. ZippyPaws Burrow Squeaky Hide and Seek Plush Dog Toy
Ideal for: Small to medium-sized dogs who get bored easily and enjoy a good challenge.
Does your dog enjoy a good puzzle? This squeaky plush toy set functions as a puzzle that helps teach your dog problem-solving techniques, while still encouraging them to have fun. The toy comes with three adorable plush pandas that fit inside a plush bamboo stalk. Young dogs can benefit from this learning-based toy, and dogs of any age can certainly have fun with it.
- Well-made from quality materials
- Multiple plush toys in one package
- Multiple types of plush animals to choose from, if pandas aren’t your dog’s thing
- Package might come with a mix-and-match of plush animals
- Larger dogs might destroy these toys easily
- The stitching is not very resistant
9. KONG Squeezz Ball Dog Toy
Ideal for: Medium to large-size dogs, and dogs who are moderate chewers.
The KONG Squeezz dog toy is a dumbbell that comes in several jeweled colors, including amethyst and ruby. Due to its strong material, this toy won’t come apart very easily, making it an excellent choice for dogs who love to gnaw. The toy bounces as well, adding to the excitement. It is made of a non-toxic material.
- Heavy-duty material
- Perfect for large dogs
- Squeaker is very loud
- Dogs who are heavy chewers might destroy it quickly
- The squeaker might stop working after a while
8. Tuff Mutters Egg Head
Ideal for: Dogs of any size or breed, especially those who are heavy chewers.
Tuff Mutters’ Egg Head dog toy is a double-stitched egg yolk with an adorable face. If your dog is an avid chewer, you might want to consider this inexpensive toy for its sheer durability. Many other toys with sewn-on faces can have those parts easily ripped off, but Tuff Mutters uses high-quality materials and double-stitching all over the product, to ensure its endurance.
- High-quality material
- Extremely well-sewn double-stitching around the body
- Squeaker stays intact
- Can be considered fairly pricey
- Not all owners consider this toy invincible
7. Gnawsome Medium Squeaker Ball Dog Toy
Ideal for: Dogs that are heavy chewers and like to play in the water.
The Gnawsome medium squeaker ball is one of the most chewable dog squeaky toys on the market. They work well on land or in the water, since they can float. The material is not too hard or too soft, so it won’t hurt your dog’s teeth, and it also won’t get easily ripped to shreds. The texture of the ball is interesting, since it is spiky, with a gum massaging feature.
- These balls float in water
- Material isn’t too hard or too soft
- Colors are bright
- Squeaker is not overly-loud
- Squeaker might break if roughly played with
- Larger dogs can rip this toy quickly
- Can be too large for smaller dog breeds
6. KONG Squeaker Tennis Balls Dog Toy
Ideal for: Medium and large active dogs.
Tennis balls are some of the most enthralling dog squeaky toys, since they combine high-octane physical activity and sensory fun. KONG’s tennis balls come in a three-pack, and you can opt for different sizes, depending on your dog’s needs. The larger-sized balls are bigger than court-sized tennis balls, and are ideal for dogs with larger, stronger jaws.
- Durable materials
- Multiple size options
- Great for fetch
- Yellow fuzz along the seam can get chewed off fast
- Squeaker doesn’t always squeak
- Has a strong smell
5. Hartz Dura Play Ball
Ideal for: Dogs under 20 pounds, who are light to moderate chewers, as well as dogs who like to play in the water, and both senior dogs and puppies.
The Hartz Dura play ball is one of the most innovative dog squeaky toys available. This bacon-scented ball is composed of latex, and is made for land or water use. Since it is made of latex, this toy has a nice squeeze factor, but is not so hard that it will hurt your dog’s teeth. The toy bounces, so it is great for throwing and playing games of fetch.
- Foam inside the ball gives additional bounce
- Enticing bacon scent
- Cleans easily
- Heavy chewers will destroy it quite fast
- Squeaker might break over time
- The smell can be overpowering for the owners
4. Ethical Pet Spot Fleece Rabbit Dog Toy
Ideal for: Smaller dogs, light to moderate chewers, and dogs that like to cuddle with stuffed animals.
If you’re looking for soft and squeaky dog toys, Ethical Pet’s adorable fleece rabbit dog toy is perfect for cuddling with during naptime. This plush bunny is low on added sewn-on details that would be easy for most dogs to rip off, making it a safe choice. The built-in squeaker is not too loud, emitting only a soft sound, which is enough to be entertaining, but not overpowering.
- Durable materials
- Squeaker isn’t too loud
- Cute and simple design
- Might not be ideal for heavy chewers
- Can be messy
- The toy is quite small, so it is not suitable for large dog breeds
3. Silly Squeaker iBall Dog Toy
Ideal for: Small dogs and light to moderate chewers, mostly those who like to play fetch.
This odd-looking toy is bizarrely cute and fun for smaller dogs to play fetch with. The fur on the ball is synthetic, so it will not get ripped off as easily as other types of materials used on dog squeaky toys. Also, if your dog ingests a few shreds of this synthetic fur, it will not harm them. Of course, if you are giving your pet any sort of destructible toy, you should monitor how they play with it to prevent choking hazards.
- Durable core and outer materials
- Entertaining appearance, bounce, and squeak
- Great for playing fetch
- Outer materials might fall apart with rough play
- The toy is quite heavy
2. Life Leash Premium Interchangeable Dog Leash System
Ideal for: Active dogs, who are already leash-trained.
If you’re looking for a new leash, why not get one that also comes equipped with a toy? The 2-in-1 life leash features a 5-foot lead and a squeaky toy ball. You can opt for different colors, and the lead provides sufficient length for more active dogs. However, it will work best on dogs who are already leash-trained. The grip on the end of the lead keeps your fingers locked into place nicely, so that you will not be able to easily let go of the leash if your dog tugs.
- Leash is made of durable mountain-climbing rope
- You don’t have to touch the slobber-filled toy, since it’s tethered
- Rope can be machine-washed
- Might not be suitable for dogs who are just learning to walk on a leash
- The clips can break
1. JW Pet Company Chompion Dog Toy
Ideal for: Heavy chewers, and medium to larger dogs.
Is your dog a heavy chewer? JW’s Chompion dog toy is a squeaky toy built for heavy chewers. It is also built to help dogs keep teeth and gums healthy. Since it is made of 100% rubber, your dog will have an easy time chewing on the toy, without actually destroying it. The ball feels flexible, and gives off a strong squeak when it is squeezed.
- Cleans plaque off of teeth
- Durable material
- Lightweight, middleweight, and heavyweight sizes are available
- You do not get to choose the color
- Some dogs can chew the nobs off quickly
- The toy is not heavy-duty
There are many dog squeaky toys you can purchase, but it is important to find the right toys for your dog, based on their size and play style. Do you have any suggestions for other great dog squeaky toys, or comments on the toys on the list? Leave a comment sharing your thoughts down below.
Recommended read: Best Chew Toys for Aggressive Chewers