Chinchillas may be the cutest rodents around with their large ears, bushy tails, and soft, thick fur. With their cute antics and adorable features, it’s no wonder that so many have taken chinchillas as pets. If you are one of many who have fallen in love with these adorable creatures, or are thinking of becoming an owner, you will want to read this list of the best chinchilla toys you can buy. These toys will help any chinchilla owner meet the habitational, physical, and mental needs of this special pet.
10. Winomo Squirrel Chinchilla Guinea Pig Rat Small Animals Snuggle Hammock
Ideal for: Providing a secure resting place and variety within your chinchilla’s habitat
This snuggle hammock allows chinchillas to jump or climb up to a hanging compartment where they can relax in a secure location. The snuggle hammock is 5.5 inches by 7.1 inches, and is made from soft cotton in a variety of colors. It comes with chains and hooks to easily be hung from your chinchilla’s cage.
- Easy to install
- Comes with a peep hole allows for ventilation
- Material may not be easy to clean
- Hooks are not metal as depicted in the product photo, and animals may chew through them
9. Kaytee Lava Ledge
Ideal for: Promoting physical activity and stimulating your chinchilla’s curiosity by providing variety within your chinchilla’s habitat
The Kaytee Lava Ledges can be installed in your chinchilla’s cage to create a customized habitat. These ledges can be installed in multiple locations and levels to stimulate your pet’s natural curiosity.
- Materials and dye are safe for chinchillas to chew
- Promotes oral hygiene
- Product may not stay fixed in place for long periods of time
8. Kaytee Perfect Chews for Chinchillas (4 Pack)
Ideal for: Oral hygiene and entertainment
Kaytee Perfect Chews is among some of the best chinchilla toys for chewing. This toy consists of wooden pears, wood logs, and blocks of various colors that are chewable and strung on a metal kabob. Hooks are included to allow the chews to be hung from your chinchilla’s cage to promote play and easy access.
- Promotes good oral hygiene while your chinchilla plays
- The toy is disposable
- Chinchillas may chew through the product too quickly
7. Alfie Pet by Petoga Couture – Percy Wood Platform with Chewing Toys
Ideal for: Oral hygiene and providing environmental variety
This wooden platform measures 11.75 inches X 6 inches X 6 inches. It’s a platform that can be attached at various levels to your chinchilla’s metal cage. It’s made of natural materials, and will allow your chinchilla to explore or rest on the platform. It also contains a string of chew toys as you can never have enough chew toys for your pet chinchilla.
- Safe and multiuse toy
- Provides a fun nesting place
- Placement of toys may cause chinchillas to be uncomfortable when chewing
6. Kaytee Crinkle Tunnel
Ideal for: Promoting exploration, mental stimulation, and physical activity
The Kaytee Crinkle Tunnel is a 6-inch diameter tunnel that stretches out to be 23 inches long. It’s made from a machine washable material, and provides a nice space for your chinchilla to playfully explore, or to cozy up and rest.
- Machine washable
- Can be attached to other crinkle tunnels for added space
- Tunnel may be considered short for larger animals
5. Sharllen Apple Sticks Pet Chew Toys
Ideal for: Oral hygiene
Oral hygiene is such an important aspect of caring for your pet chinchilla that chew toys should be a staple in any owner’s list of chinchilla toys. Sharllen Apple Sticks are an alternative to some of the more elaborate chew toys that are out there. These handmade sticks are cut to be 6 inches long with various thickness, and are made from organic apple wood branches. Each package contains about 300g worth of products.
- Promotes oral hygiene
- Some people consider them pricey for what they are
4. Kaytee Chinchilla Chiller Granite Stone
Ideal for: Preventing your chinchilla from overheating
This next item technically isn’t a toy, but it will allow your chinchilla to play and remain active for longer periods of time. Chinchillas are prone to overheating, so to help your friend cool down, a chiller granite stone can be placed in your chinchilla’s cage or play area. The stone is 6 inches long and 10 inches wide.
- Easy to clean
- Both convenient and entertaining
- Some chinchillas may not use the product
3. Unleashed Pets Portable Foldable Pet Playpen + Carrying Case & Collapsible Travel Bowl
Ideal for: Environmental variety, mental stimulation, and physical activity
This portable and foldable playpen allows chinchilla owners to let their pet explore their habitat outside of the traditional cage in a safe manner. The playpen comes in two different sizes. The medium size is 29 inches X 29 inches X 17 inches, and the large size is 36 inches X 36 inches X 23 inches.
- Made of water-resistant material
- Some find the product to be too small
- Larger animals may tip the playpen over
2. ZIMOO Natural Grass House Pet Bed Hideaway Toy
Ideal for: Providing variety in your chinchilla’s habitat, and a secure resting place
The ZIMOO Natural Grass House Pet Bed Hideaway is a 12 inches X 8 inches X 8 inches hand-woven grass house. The material allows for a cool space in the summer and warm place in the winter for chinchillas to rest in.
- Collapsible and lightweight
- Made of non-toxic material
- Chinchillas will chew through the product, and it will need to be replaced
1. Quality Cage Crafters 15″ Chin Spin
Ideal for: Entertainment and physical activity
The 15-inch Chin Spin is a little on the expensive side, but when reviewing spinning wheel toys for chinchillas, it has some of the best reviews. The Chin Spin is built to accommodate the size of your chinchilla, and it’s made of sturdy materials that can withstand your chinchilla’s instinct to chew. If you are looking for a spinning wheel that will last a long time, then you may want to consider the Chin Spin.
- Large enough for chinchillas
- Smaller chinchillas may find it difficult to run on
Chinchillas make great pets to many, but they are a complex species that require adequate mental and physical stimulation. A variety of chinchilla toys will need to be used to provide complete care to these pets. The toys we reviewed here are among the best chinchilla toys you can buy. Please share your thoughts on any specific chinchilla toys you have found useful for your pet chinchilla.
Recommended Read: Best Guinea Pig Toys