Guinea pigs are intelligent and inquisitive little creatures that can make fantastic pets and provide their owners with endless entertainment. New owners are excited to discover that they actually enjoy playing with objects and interacting with humans! Below is a list of the 12 best guinea pig toys you could buy your little furry friend! In our review, we look at their main features, pros, and cons. The products below were chosen based on user ratings and reviews, utility, resistance, and fun levels.
12. Ware Manufacturing Pine Wood Bag-O-Chews Small Pet Treat
Ideal for: Chewing
This is a bag of small pet treats that will keep your guinea pig entertained and busy. The 8 chew toys included in this set have a fruit flavor that is enticing for your little pet, and they’re made of pine. They come pre-drilled, so you can safely secure them on a treat-k-bob dispenser.
- Come in a delicious fruit flavor.
- Need to be checked for splinters before you offer them to your pet.
- If your pet is a heavy chewer, you will need to replace these often.
- Not extremely entertaining, since they are made mostly for chewing purposes.
11. Mrli Pet Teeth Grinding Lava Block Calcium Stone
Ideal for: Chewing and play
These grinding stones are listed as one of the best guinea pig toys for a few reasons. First, they’re great for the oral health of your little buddy. Plus, they’re safe, colorful, long-lasting, and very cute! They are made of lava rock, which is great for keeping your pet’s teeth clean, trim, and healthy. They can also help with mental stimulation.
- Comes in adorable fruit shapes and colors.
- Watching your guinea pig gnaw on a tiny banana is almost too cute to handle.
- Made of lava stone calcium, and safe for chewing.
- Some guinea pigs are not interested in this type of toy.
- Only last until your guinea pig chews it up.
- They are larger than pictured.
10. Eco Animal Pet Products All Natural Vine Balls – Chew Toy
Ideal for: Mental stimulation and chewing
These little vine balls are some of the best guinea pig toys because they are both fun, safe, and all-natural. They are made of willow wicker vine, which is a lightweight material that can be shredded and carried around. They can provide hour-long entertainment for your pet, and they can also help relieve anxiety and stress.
- Safe for unsupervised use.
- Mentally stimulating.
- Can make a mess when shredded.
- Only lasts as long as your guinea pig lets it.
- The balls are quite small.
9. Vitakraft Guinea Pig Sticks
Ideal for: Its taste and crunchiness
Another great toy that is also a delicious treat for your guinea pig, the Vitakraft sticks are made of grains, fruit, and honey, which is an enticing combination for any furry pet that likes to chew. These sticks are triple baked, which means they are extra crunchy. They are also fortified with vitamins.
- Comes with a clip holder.
- Contains vitamins and minerals.
- Taste really good.
- Some guinea pigs might not be interested in them.
- Might get damaged in shipping.
- A bit expensive considering their lifespan.
8. Kaytee Giant Chinchilla Run-About Exercise Ball
Ideal for: Exercise and exploration
If you are looking for a healthy and fun way to help your pet get exercise, this giant ball may be one of the best guinea pig toys for you. You simply shut your guinea pig in the secure plastic ball, and watch him do the rest. Your guinea pig can explore rooms to his heart’s content, without being able to get stuck under furniture or get lost.
- Great for exercise.
- Lets your guinea pig explore his environment safely.
- It’s fun to interact with your guinea pig using this ball.
- Guineas need to be supervised while using this toy.
- The toy will become scuffed and opaque over time if used on hard surfaces.
- Might overheat if used for a long time.
7. Kaytee Woodland Get-A-Way Large Guinea Pig House
Ideal for: Providing guinea pigs with a comfy hideaway
This is one of the best guinea pig toys because guinea pigs love little hiding places. You can put this little hideout anywhere in your guinea pig’s pen or cage, and trust that they will be safe and sound. It is constructed of safe and chewable wood, and it provides a great place for your guinea pig to nest, sleep, hide, or just relax.
- Safe for your guinea pig to chew and rest in.
- Durable and long-lasting all-wood construction.
- Provides a nice getaway for your guinea pig.
- Not large enough for more than one guinea pig at a time.
- Small guinea pigs might get stuck in the window.
- The house is smaller than pictured.
6. WHEEKY Pets Treat Ball for Guinea Pigs and Other Small Pets
Ideal for: Owners who want a fun and interactive guinea pig toy
Provide your guinea pig with hours of entertainment with this neat little treat ball! It is a fun and interactive way to help your guinea pig get a great workout and interact with you. They can roll this ball around the house and alleviate their boredom.
- Fun and interactive.
- A great way to bond.
- Adjustable treat opening.
- Bright yellow with decorative carrots to appeal to your pet.
- May require supervision.
- Can be difficult to clean.
- The treats are a bit difficult to get out.
- The ball doesn’t hold a lot of treats at once.
5. Kaytee Crinkle Tunnel
Ideal for: Guinea pig play time and mental stimulation
This fun tunnel is machine-washable and durable. It makes a fun toy or resting spot for guinea pigs. It can be placed in their playpen, or on the floor when you bring your guinea pig out for playtime! Guinea pigs love little hideaways and nooks, and this tunnel is a perfect way to meet this need, without letting them get stuck under the couch.
- Provides a safe getaway.
- Easy to fold and store.
- Some pigs may want to stay hidden in the tunnel.
- Not safe for chewing.
- Requires supervision.
4. Kaytee Super Sleeper Cuddle-E-Cup Bed
Ideal for: Giving your guinea pig a snuggly bed
This ultra soft and cuddly pouch makes a great place for your guinea pig to snuggle and rest. It is constructed with an ultra soft fleece interior, and it has high walls to help your guinea pig feel safe. The price is quite affordable as well.
- Comes in many colors.
- Ultra soft fleece interior.
- Some guinea pigs are uninterested in using beds of these kinds.
- Will become matted if put through a dryer.
- It is quite large, so it might not feel as cozy for smaller guinea pigs.
3. Kaytee Tropical Fiddle Sticks Hideout For Small Animals
Ideal for: Those wanting a cute, multi-purpose toy
This adorable and colorful bendable hideout is one of the best guinea pig toys on the market. It encourages your guinea pig’s natural chewing and hiding instincts, and it’s really neat-looking. The toy is 10 inches long and 18 inches wide.
- Safe to chew.
- Bendable for multiple purposes.
- Bright, fun, and colorful.
- Will likely be chewed up fast.
- May need replacing over time.
- Some people complained about their product arriving moldy.
2. Prevue Pet Products Multi-Color Small Pet Playpen
Ideal for: Exercising your guinea pig
It is important that guinea pigs get lots of face-to-face time with their owners. A playpen like this is a must-have for exercise and mental stimulation. It is colorful, durable, and large enough for you to sit with your guinea pigs. It is made out of 9 panels, with a wire spacing of 3/8. The panels are 13 inches long and 9 inches high, creating a 36-inch diameter playpen.
- Great value and price.
- Not the largest available pen.
- Owners should supervise their pets when playing in the pen.
- Not extremely sturdy.
1. WINOMO Pet Hammock
Ideal for: Providing a sleeping place for your guinea pig
This snuggly hammock is the perfect guinea pig sleeping solution. It is soft, durable, and makes your guinea pig feel safe and protected. Guinea pigs will love the swaying motion provided by this hammock as well! The texture of the hammock makes for an extremely comfortable sleeping place, while the quality of the materials ensure long-lasting use.
- Great for all types of guinea pigs.
- Very cute.
- May not fit in all cages.
- Some guinea pigs might need time adjusting to it.
- The chains attached to the hammock are not extremely sturdy.
- The chains can get tangled.
Guinea pigs love to play and interact with their owners. They should be given plenty of mental stimulation, and ways to exercise and wear down their teeth. This will make them happier and healthier. We hope this list of some of the best toys for guinea pigs on the market has been helpful! Don’t forget to also suggest other best guinea pig toys down below!
Recommended read: 10 Best Guinea Pig Cages