One of the most important things to consider when caring for a pet chameleon is the habit you will be placing it in. When choosing the best chameleon cage there is, you’ll want to consider factors such as the cage’s size, ventilation, affordability, durability, easiness to clean, and more.
With so many options available, the choice can feel overwhelming and leave you not knowing where to start as you try to make the best decision for your pet.
Below, we have reviewed 7 best chameleon cages to make your decision easier and help you find the best fit for your specific needs.
7. Carolina Custom Cages Terrarium
Ideal for chameleon owners with multiple lizards or those who like to give their pet plenty of room, the Carolina Custom Cages Terrarium measures 24″ x 18″ x 24″. If you often handle your chameleon or frequently need access to the inside of the terrarium, you’ll love that the front of this glass cage features hinged doors.
The 6.5″ waterproof base makes this cage exceptionally easy to clean and make comfortable for your chameleon.
- The cage is well-ventilated for chameleon comfort and health
- Front hinged doors allow for easy access and cleaning
- Glass front and sides allow for easy viewing
- Cage is more expensive than other options available
- Cage’s glass components can be fragile and break in transit
6. Exo Terra Natural Glass Terrarium
The Exo Terra Natural Glass Terrarium is a perfect option if you enjoy watching your chameleons climb. The cage is taller than it is wide, measuring 17.7″ x 17.7″ x 35.4″ and providing the perfect space to put branches and vines for climbing.
The hinge-style front glass doors easily lock, ensuring that your lizards can’t escape.
- Hinge-style doors allow for easy cleaning and decorating
- Front cage lock keeps chameleons from escaping
- Tall cage design allows chameleons room to climb
- Doors are fragile and break easily if they fall off
- More expensive than other options
5. Zoo Med ReptiBreeze Deluxe Open-Air Aluminum Screen Habitat
The Zoo Med ReptiBreeze is a screen cage, allowing it to remain more properly ventilated than most glass terrariums. Featuring an easy-to-assemble aluminum frame, this cage is lightweight and easy to move when necessary.
The cage’s bottom tray is removable, so it can be cleaned easily. What makes this cage truly unique from other options on the list is the touch-activated LED lighting, which lights up your chameleon’s habitat in either white, red, or both.
- Removable bottom tray allows for easy cleanup
- Open-air design keeps cage properly ventilated
- Easy-to-assemble and move
- Door is fairly loose compared to other options’
4. Critter Condo Reptile Cage
While some people enjoy completely open terrarium designs, the Critter Condo Reptile Cage is the best chameleon cage for people who want a more subtle design, only being able to view the inside of the cage from the front screen.
Measuring 48″ x 24″ x 24″, this cage is larger than most other options and is great for owners of multiple chameleons. Despite its size, this cage is lightweight and durable, making it easy to move.
- Sliding glass doors for easy access and cleaning
- Large design is perfect for multiple pets
- Time-consuming assembly required
3. Zil Cage Fresh Air
The Zil Cage Fresh Air is the best chameleon cage for owners of younger or smaller chameleons, measuring 18″ x 20″ x 20″. This habitat features a screen design, making it breathable and allowing for chameleons to be easily viewed from all sides.
More affordable than most other options on the market, this cage is a great for beginner chameleon owners and people not ready to commit to a more premium cage.
- Affordable option
- Screen design for great ventilation
- Lightweight and easy-to-assemble
- Not as durable as other options on this list
- Does not hold heat
2. REPTI ZOO Reptile Glass Terrarium
The REPTI ZOO Reptile Glass Terrarium features glass sides and a screen top. The locking hinge-style doors open separately, so you can clean the cage with easy and keep your chameleon from escaping unexpectedly.
Adjustable vents are featured along the cage’s sides, making it easy to control ventilation and feed any light wires or tubing into the cage. Measuring 24″ x 18″ x 18″, this is the best chameleon cage for beginner chameleon owners and younger, smaller, lizards.
- Durable glass doors and screens
- Locking doors to prevent chameleons escaping
- Lightweight and easy to assemble
- May be too small for some chameleons
1. Zoo Med Labs Nano Breeze Aluminum Screen Cage
The Zoo Med Labs Nano Breeze Aluminum Screen Cage is the most affordable option on our list. While is lacks in size, measuring only 10″ x 10″ x 12″, it is the best chameleon cage for temporary chameleon housing, young chameleons, and quarantined pets.
It is lightweight and easy to move around your home as needed. The screen design allows you to see your chameleons easily from any angle but does make the cage more difficult to clean.
- Most affordable cage option on the list
- Lightweight and easy to move
- Well-ventilated and screened
- Smallest cage on the list
No matter what you’re looking for in a chameleon cage, there is something on this list for owners of all experience levels! We hope these reviews helped you find the best chameleon cage for you and your beloved pets.