Parakeets often use toys as a way to keep themselves entertained while hanging out in their cages. In addition to giving them something to do, parakeet toys also work as tools for exercise and brain development. Although there are numerous companies that offer parakeet toys to choose from, there are several options that stand out above the rest. These 12 toys are ranked highly based on customers’ personal experiences and the price of each product. We look at each of the toy’s features, specifications, pros, and cons.
12. Alfie Pet by Petoga Couture Bead Spiral 2-Piece Set Hanging Toy
Ideal for: Due to the size of the beads, this toy is best suitable for larger sized parakeets.
The bendable beaded spiral string set includes two individual pieces that measure 41 inches in length. These bead spiral can be bent and customized for your parakeet’s cage. You can place it horizontally, vertically, or curved. The beads are colorful and easy to attach to the cage.
- These parakeet toys are extremely affordable.
- The beads are on a wire, which makes bending and shaping the spirals extremely easy.
- These beads are very colorful, and work well to keep parakeets entertained for hours inside and outside of the cage.
- These spirals end with a hook, so they can be removed and attached rather easily.
- Smaller parakeets have a hard time gripping the beads.
- The hook is a bit flimsy.
- Aggressive birds may destroy this toy.
11. Onemore choice Cage Accessory Parrot Colorful Rattan Ball Chewing Toys
Ideal for: These balls are suitable for small and medium sized parakeets.
These colorful rattan balls are each 2 inches in diameter and made of a plastic material that is bite-resistant and non-toxic. The overall 13.5-inch length of these parakeet toys and the easy-to-attach metal hook make this toy exceptional for inside and outside of the cage. Some customers found that this worked to their advantage, because it gave their parakeet a floor toy to play with.
- This type of toy helps with brain development because it prompts birds to think for their food.
- The balls are fun and colorful, and work well to keep birds entertained for hours.
- The toy is easy to attach to any cage.
- This toy is not of the highest quality, so the balls can fall off the string quite easily.
- The toy is not resistant against heavy chewers.
Note: This toy is currently unavailable on Amazon. For a suitable alternative, refer to our next pick.
10. MAIYUAN Bird Toy for Parrot
Ideal for: Mini-macaws, conures, Caiques, pionus parrots, quaker parrots, and other types of parrots.
Similar to the previous entry, this parakeet toy is made of rattan and other all-natural, environmentally-friendly materials. Even though it is colorful, it is safe to eat, because the color comes from an edible pigment. Thus, the toy is safe for your pet parakeet. In fact, the pigment actually benefits your pets, helping them keep their healthy, natural color.
- Helps your pet think for its food.
- Easy to secure on any cage.
- Strengthens your bird’s muscles and promotes exercising.
- The toy is quite large, so it might not fit properly in some cages.
- A customer reports its parakeet being afraid of the toy.
- Doesn’t last that long.
9. Jusney Bird Toys 94.5 Inch Bungee Climbing Rope
Ideal for: This parakeet toy is ideal for any type and size of parakeet.
This super long bungee toy measures 94 inches in length, making it ideal for out-of-cage play. This bright, colorful bungee cord can be played with, climbed on, and is great for swing time. The rope is made of hemp and natural wood, with metal accessories, and edible pigment to make it colorful.
- This toy is very large, yet extremely affordable.
- The attachment hook has a screw-in security system, so it is sure to hold its place without bending or coming apart.
- This toy works well as a chew toy, and keeps birds distracted so they are not biting others.
- The wood has a rather potent scent to it right out of the package.
- Some birds destroy it quickly.
- The toy is not safe for very small birds.
8. Alfie Pet by Petoga Couture – Paul Wooden Ladder for Birds
Ideal for: This toy is ideal for use inside the cage.
This wooden ladder is great for challenging your bird’s balance. The complex design and colorful wood beads keep birds busy as they play. The toy measures 13″H x 8″W x .5″D, and it is easy to attach to the cage due to the quick-link attachment system it comes with.
- This product works well for ending bird boredom.
- This toy works to challenge your birds’ balance, while adding various shapes, colors, and sizes of wood to keep them entertained.
- This parakeet toy uses a quick-link hook that allows you to attach and remove the toy quickly and easily.
- While hanging, the toy can be quite close to the top of the cage. This limits how the birds are able to use the top pieces of the ladder.
- The design could do with some improvements.
7. Avianweb Rainbow Spiral Cotton Rope Bird Perch
Ideal for: These parakeet toys are great for birds that need a little more physical activity in their day.
The rainbow spiral cotton rope is 97 inches long, making it an excellent choice for use outside of the cage. The rainbow spiral design is made with soft and durable cotton that is colored with non-toxic food dyes that are safe for your parakeet. If your pet parakeet loves to explore and climb, you should definitely get this toy for them.
- The spiral rope can be bent and twisted as you please.
- Each rope has a bell, which works to further entertain your bird as they play.
- The rope has a clip on the end that makes it easy to attach to cages.
- The durable construction of these ropes make them excellent for daily use.
- Heavier birds can make the rope straighten out.
- It still works well as a toy when it is straight, but it does not provide the bouncing levels they can climb around on.
- Larger birds might destroy this toy quickly.
- A second clip might make it easier to attach to cages.
6. dcDalton Birdcage Mirror
Ideal for: All shapes and sizes of parakeets.
This creatively crafted mirror is perfect for your parakeet. The beveled edges give an ordinary mirror a stronger and more attractive appearance. The back of the mirror comes with metal hooks that you can use to attach it to your parakeet’s cage. The product is assembled in the USA.
- This mirror has two metal hooks on the back to provide more support while hanging.
- The glass is clear, and the shape is extremely interesting.
- The overall quality of the mirror is good.
- Some owners found that providing a mirrored reflection for birds helped them deal with the loss of previous cage companions.
- This mirror is not much for physical entertainment.
- The clamps are not extremely sturdy.
- The mirror is quite heavy.
- Some birds might be scared of their mirrored reflection, so make sure you test this theory out with your parakeet before buying the product.
5. Hamiledyi Colorful Hammock Swing Cage Chewing Toy
Ideal for: Any size parakeet who needs in-cage entertainment.
This parakeet swing is colorful and fun. The wood base makes it a great toy for swinging, chewing, or simply just hanging around. The multiple colors are great for attracting your bird’s attention. The dimensions of this toy are the following: width – 3.15in (8cm), length – 4.33in (11cm), hanging height – 6.7in (17cm).
- The swing is a great size for larger birds.
- The swing hangs from the top of the cage securely by hooks.
- The wood is overall good quality, and is colored with food-grade dyes.
- More parakeets prefer to chew on the swing than actually swing on it.
- The swing might be too large for some cages.
4. AnnaEye Pet Bird Cage Hammock Swing Toy
Ideal for: This cage hammock and swing set work well for one or more parakeets.
This wood set of parakeet toys is made of durable wood. The colorful design attracts parakeets to play. However, you don’t have to worry about your parakeets being affected by the dyes, because these toys only contain edible dye. Upon ordering this package, you will get a wood ladder made of 5 pieces, one made of 12, and an acrylic pendant necklace.
- The hooks secure the toys to the cage quite reliably.
- The pieces all match and look like a set once installed.
- These parakeet toys are all made to climb on, chew on, and play with.
- All of the dyes used to color the wood are edible and safe for your birds.
- This toy is better suited for larger sized birds or cages with multiple birds.
- The ladders are quite stiff.
- The swing can be uneven, depending on how many links you choose to keep in.
- Some birds might not be attracted to these toys.
3. Living World Double-Sided Mirror
Ideal for: Lonely parakeets.
The second mirror for parakeets on this list, this one offered by Living World also comes with a bell, which makes it even more attractive to your birds. Your parakeet will definitely find it interesting and fun, especially if they are lonely and need company. The diameter of this mirror is 2.75 inches.
- Easy to install.
- Safe for your pet bird.
- Helps to mentally stimulate your bird.
- The color of the mirror adds visual stimulation as well.
- The toy would have been made better by a metal hook.
- The bell is easy to remove by overactive birds.
- The toy is quite flimsy.
- Some birds might need getting used to this toy.
2. Petsvv Rope Bungee Bird Toy
Ideal for: This product is ideal for developing coordination and balancing skills for parakeets.
This 43-inch bungee cord is finished off with a bell at the base for endless entertainment. The rope is wrapped around a wire so you can bend, twist, and spin it as you please. The rope is made of 100 percent cotton, so it provides a soft surface for your bird to sit on.
- The rope can be manipulated as you please.
- The toy helps develop your bird’s balance skills and coordination.
- This is a great toy for exercise.
- It can take some time for certain birds to build interest in spiral rope toys like this one.
- The toy is smaller than pictured.
- The rope is not sturdy enough to accommodate large bird varieties.
1. yoyoung Stainless Steel Bell Toy
Ideal for: All parakeets.
The stainless steel bell is a mess-free play option that will keep your parakeet busy for hours. Birds love the bell noise, so what better way to keep them entertained than with a large steel bell? You don’t need any extra equipment to set up this toy, since it already comes with a built-in bolt and metal wing nut.
- The stainless steel construction makes this toy fun and completely mess-free.
- This product does not chip, dent, or break.
- The noise keeps birds entertained when hitting, bumping, pecking, and jolting.
- The bell is not extremely loud.
- Some birds might be afraid of this toy.
- The toy is quite heavy.
If you are trying to find ideal parakeet toys for your pet bird, then this list contains the perfect items for you. Whether you desire a toy for exercise, entertainment, or to help your parakeet deal with a loss, this list of 12 of the best parakeet toys on the market can help you decide.