Without a doubt, cats are a very meticulous type of animal.
These stealth creatures often desire a challenge, which is why interactive cat toys are the perfect option.
You can purchase these puzzle-like toys to keep your cat’s mind busy learning.
Here is a list of the top ten interactive cat toys you can choose from.
The items have been selected based on user reviews and ratings.
10. PetSafe FUNKitty Egg Cersizer
Ideal for: Cats that are less active.
If you are looking for a toy that gets your cat up and moving, then you are in luck.
This treat dispensing toy is perfect for encouraging play time for your furry friend.
- This toy is perfect for regulating a cat’s diet.
- You have the ability to adjust food output, while increasing exercise.
- This product is dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning.
- The adjustment settings seem to be too large for some cat food brands.
9. Living Express Multi-Activity Cat Toy
Ideal for: Cats who like to play for long periods.
This is the perfect multi-activity toy for any cat!
Whether you want to encourage scratching and climbing, or playing with balls, this is the perfect cat toy for encouraging over 2-hours of play time.
- This multi-activity center provides three different surfaces to encourage scratching, climbing, and relaxing.
- The multi-sized holes encourage ball play and chasing.
- This toy is made of recycled and non-toxic materials, so it is safe and reliable.
- Some users have reported the cat destroying the toy quickly.
8. Pet Fit for Life: 2 Feather Teaser
Ideal for: Cats who love to try catching things.
This interactive wand is a safe and reliable toy for continuous fun. You can use the wand to entice your kitty to catch the feathers – or at least try!
- This wand is 33-inches, which is twice as long as most wands available elsewhere.
- The wand comes apart easily for storage purposes.
- The feather ends are interchangeable, and come with six different options.
- The soft foam grips ensure your hands do not tire during play.
- This toy does not work well for solitary play – humans must be involved as well.
7. Bergan Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy
Ideal for: Active and energetic cats.
This turbo scratcher cat toy is designed to provide your cat with hours of fun.
Your cat will spend hours trying to catch the ball through nudging and scratching.
The ball continuously loops around the circular base.
- This is an excellent choice for cats who like to play a lot.
- This interactive cat toy is designed to keep your cat busy for hours.
- Some customers report that their toy had excess glue along the top surface.
6. Pet Zone Fly by Spinner
Ideal for: Cats who are active.
The Pet Zone Fly by Spinner is a toy that is cat-approved.
This toy has a lifelike butterfly on top, that is irresistible to cats, and keeps them guessing during hours of play.
- This toy does not require humans for play — you only need to turn it on and watch it go!
- Cats love the spinning action, which works to stimulate their natural instinct and desire to catch things.
- The butterfly is extremely lifelike and makes sounds and flutters for endless entertainment.
- Some owners report that the base is too small to support the butterfly during rough play.
5. PetSafe Bolt Interactive Laser Cat Toy
Ideal for: Kittens and cats of all ages and sizes.
This laser cat toy by PetSafe is the perfect entertainment for your cat.
This item works for 15-minute intervals, providing a 5mW power output that generates red laser patterns for your cat to catch.
- This laser toy is battery-operated, so it can be placed on flat surfaces or held in your hand during play time.
- This toy works to encourage a healthy lifestyle by getting your cat up and moving, as they attempt to catch the laser patterns.
- Does not work for long play periods.
4. Pawaboo Pet Teasing Toy
Ideal for: All cats.
This pet teaser toy by Pawaboo is perfect for endless fun!
Your cat will go crazy trying to catch the electronic mouse as it dips up and down around the circle!
- This toy is battery-operated, and made of extremely durable materials.
- The mouse does not move around continuously; instead, it starts, reverses, and moves in a completely random pattern.
- Additionally, this item is made with quiet track technology, making it noise-free during operation.
- Cats can get bored from never catching the mouse.
3. Trixie Pet Products
Ideal for: Cats with some puzzle-solving experience.
This cat table comes complete with five individual cat activities that are sure to keep your cat engaged for puzzle-solving fun.
This interactive toy lets you hide treats throughout, which works to encourage longer play.
- This activity table contains five different games that are sure to keep your cat’s mind engaged and learning.
- This toy works to stimulate the mind, while encouraging physical activity, which is reinforced by periodic treats.
- Some cats may be too large to use the bowl game.
2. Tumbler Laser Interactive Cat Toys
Ideal for: All types of cats.
This battery-powered cat toy works great for keeping your cat’s body and mind busy.
The brilliant colors, textures, and movements are sure to keep your cat entertained for endless play.
- This toy is extremely easy to use. It contains an irregular rotation, which keeps your cat guessing.
- The long ears and playful expression are sure to keep you cat busy.
- You can put food or treats inside, so food pops out periodically to keep your cat interested.
- This toy only works for up to 10 minutes at a time.
1. PetSafe Pounce Pet Toy
Ideal for: Cats who love the chase!
The pounce pet toy by PetSafe is a toy that is automatically activated to encourage your cat’s interaction.
The random movements keep your cat guessing and trying for more, which is why it’s at the top of our list of interactive cat toys.
- The mouse moves in random circular patterns around the base, so your cat cannot predict the pattern.
- This toy has four-speed settings to keep your cat entertained.
- This toy can run for 10-minute intervals, or you can turn it on and off manually.
- The mouse is not lifelike.
Interactive cat toys are both fun and educational.
You can keep your cat’s mind busy, playing and learning, all at the same time.
Any of these toys are perfect for showing your cat a trick or two.
If you have other interactive cat toys in mind, leave them in the comments down below.
Recommended read: 10 Cat Chew Toys
Olivia is at her happiest when she is cuddling (with their acceptance, of course) her two cats: Max and Moxie (totally intended). When she is not spending time with her beloved felines, Olivia is busy writing about the toys they play with and the things they use. Proud Cat Lady in the making!