Growing puppies chew a lot in order to strengthen their teeth and build jaw muscles.
If puppies do not have chew toys available, they will chew on anything imaginable.
In order to stop all your belongings from getting damaged, it is a good idea to have chew toys on hand for your new furry baby.
Some of the best chew toys for puppies are resistant, to keep your puppy busy for hours on end.
These 12 chew toys listed below stand out among the rest, based on customer reviews and ratings.
12. Nylabone Just For Puppies Wolf Ring and Flexi Bone
Ideal for: Teething puppies.
This chew toy is made of a softer material, fit for teething puppies, but it’s still resistant enough for your puppy to play with without damaging it instantly.
Both the ring and the bone contain bristles that raise while your dog plays with the toys, to clean their teeth.
- Controls tartar and plaque.
- Encourages chewing habits that are nondestructive.
- Aggressive chewers might destroy it quickly.
- The material isn’t digestible.
- The toy might have an unpleasant odor.
11. Chipper Critters All Natural Whole Elk Antler Dog Chew
Ideal for: Aggressive chewers and puppies of all sizes.
This all-natural chew toy for puppies is long-lasting, and virtually indestructible.
Chewing on this toy helps puppies maintain good oral health as well, so not only does it keep them busy, but it also contributes to their health.
- This toy has no odor, and will not chip away with chewing.
- This antler provides vitamins and minerals, like Phosphorous, Zinc, Calcium, and Manganese, as your puppy chews.
- It comes in various sizes, so you can find the perfect one for your furry friend.
- Some of the actual antlers are larger in size, which can be difficult for some pups to hold as they chew.
- The ends of the antlers are quite pointy.
- You should supervise your puppy as they play with this toy.
10. Alvi & Remi Puppy Chew Teething Rope Toys Set
Ideal for: Puppies, and small to medium dogs.
This teething rope toy set is the perfect selection for your pup’s dental health.
This set includes a total of four items, and it’s definitely worth the low price.
The four different items provide the variety of your puppy needs.
- These ropes are the best chew toys for puppies when it comes to cleaning teeth and massaging gums.
- They remove tartar and plaque build-up, to prevent gum disease as your puppy grows.
- They work great for day-long chewers, as well as playing fetch.
- Fibers may tear off loose ends.
- Heavy chewers will destroy these toys quickly.
- The toys can be a bit big for some puppies.
9. Nylabone Puppy Starter Pack Chew Toys
Ideal for: Puppies with a powerful bite.
This bright and colorful chew toy works well at satisfying puppies’ natural urge to chew.
The colors and textures work well at keeping your pup busy chewing for hours on end.
The toy is flexible, so it won’t hurt your puppy’s teeth.
- This toy was designed for teething puppies and active chewers, so it is guaranteed to last.
- The small bristles along the toy’s surface raise during chewing, so it acts as a brush, cleaning teeth in the process.
- The toy tastes like delicious bacon.
- Not recommended for large puppies, or puppies with large mouths.
- Dogs won’t digest this toy.
- The toy has an unpleasant smell.
8. Nylabone Puppy Chew Toy
Ideal for: Puppies of all sizes, to encourage non-destructive chewing habits.
Nylabone is known for making some of the best chew toys for puppies, and this puppy chew toy makes no exception.
The softer material ensures your puppy can chew happily without being injured.
This toy is recommended for puppies that weigh 15 pounds or less.
- This toy contains dental nubs, which work to clean your pup’s teeth by removing tartar and plaque.
- This bone comes in two colors, so you can select the one you like based on gender or the style you prefer.
- This toy contains Nutri Dent, to further encourage good oral health.
- Some owners report having the nubs rubbed off by aggressive chewers.
- This toy can cause an upset stomach.
- The toy may be too soft for puppies with extremely strong teeth.
7. KONG Small Puppy Goodie Bone
Ideal for: Puppies 2 to 9 months old.
Another bone-shaped puppy chew toy, this one is made of natural rubber, and it was specially created to help puppies that are teething.
Veterinarians recommend this product for healthy teething, as well as entertainment.
- There are ports in each end of the bone, where you can put treats.
- The toy comes in two colors, pink and blue.
- This bone is both practical and entertaining.
- Some aggressive chewers destroy this toy quickly.
- Some dogs are only interested in this toy as long as it is filled with treats.
- Particularly smart dogs figure out how to get the treats out quickly.
6. Lobeve Dog Toys Gift Set
Ideal for: Small and medium puppies.
This set of 10 dog toys is an excellent choice for your puppy!
The combination of chew ropes and interactive toys, balls, and discs ensures your puppy never gets bored during a day of play.
These toys deter misbehavior, promote good chewing behavior, and decrease separation anxiety.
- Various shapes and sizes keep puppies entertained for hours of play.
- Great for solitary play, as well as fetching and tugging.
- Non-toxic materials.
- Some customers believe these are a better option for larger dogs, rather than medium or small dogs.
- The rope toys are the first to break apart.
- The colors of the toys may vary.
5. MR. PLAY Puppy Toys Dog Chew Bone Dog Toys
Ideal for: Aggressive chewers.
The ball and bone are the best chew toys for puppies looking for all-day fun.
These toys for puppies are made of top quality material, and guaranteed to last through multiple chewing sessions, or a few games of fetch.
- This product helps aggressive chewers stay busy.
- The ball and bone work to strengthen your pup’s jaw, and keep their teeth strong and healthy.
- Thes toys are safe for puppies.
- Not recommended for pups or dogs over 70 lbs.
- The spikes on the blue ball come off easily.
- These toys are not suitable for heavy chewers.
4. Nylabone Puppy Starter Pack Chew Toys
Ideal for: Puppies of all sizes, to encourage nondestructive chewing habits.
This starter pack from Nylabone is the perfect flavor of pups’ chew toy.
These bones are made with DuraChew, which is designed to last even in the face of the most destructive of chewers.
The toys are perfect for teething puppies, because they ease the pain your pup feels.
- These three bones come in tasty flavors.
- They work to prevent tartar buildup.
- The bacon-flavored bone is healthy and edible.
- Supervision is recommended for these toys, to ensure your pup does not choke on broken fragments.
- If the bones get too wet, they break off easily.
- The material might be a bit too hard for some puppies’ teeth.
3. KONG Puppy Flyer Dog Toy
Ideal for: Puppies of up to 35 lbs.
KONG delivers again with this puppy flyer.
The brand is well-known for providing some of the best chew toys for puppies, and this product exceeds expectation.
The soft rubber formula works well for catching and chewing sessions.
- This item is made in the USA, and contains non-toxic natural rubber.
- It works well for cleaning teeth and keeping puppies entertained.
- This toy is both flexible and durable.
- Not a good option for puppies over 9 months old.
- Some customers reported it being too heavy to fly properly.
- You should supervise your puppy when playing with this toy.
2. PlayfulSpirit Durable Natural Rubber Ring
Ideal for: Larger puppies.
This ring is great for all-day play.
Whether you are playing tug-of-war, throwing and catching, or training your puppy, this is the perfect toy for the job.
The bright and colorful dog toy ring is easy to see, and keeps your pup entertained for hours.
- This toy is made of all-safe materials.
- It is the perfect size for pups to get a good grip while playing catch.
- It provides hours of fun and exercise.
- Does not work well for small puppies.
- This toy is quite heavy.
- The toy has a strong smell.
1. My Bully Sticks 4 Inch Odor-Free Bully Stick Rings
Ideal for: Medium to large puppies.
These best chew toys for puppies are made of premium, all-natural beef.
Not only is this product extremely safe for your pup, it is also tasty and fun.
You can use it to train your puppy and reward good behavior, but you can also give him the toy as a delicious snack.
- This product is hormone free, and contains no chemicals, additives, preservatives, or antibiotics.
- This item is fully digestible.
- It encourages dental health by clearing away plaque and tartar.
- Given that they are edible, these sticks do not last forever.
- The smell of these sticks can be unbearable for the owner.
- A bit expensive for how much they last.
All of these chew toys will ensure your puppy gets the chewing experience he needs.
Choosing any of these 12 best chew toys for puppies will ensure your puppy strengthens his teeth, without breaking your things.
Do you have a favorite toy that we did not mention?
Share it with us down below, and help us expand our best chew toys for puppies list!
Recommended read: 10 Best Chew Toys for Aggressive Chewers
Hale is very much an outdoors fan and there’s no place he’d go without Peanut, his golden Shep buddy. When they aren’t camping, backpacking, or hitting some trails, this pair enjoys discovering the latest toys, and usually goes for a walk in the park to try them out.