Dogs often chew on things when they are bored or home alone for a long period of time. One way to ensure they are not chewing on your home furniture, shoes, or other items is by providing them with chew toys to keep them busy and distracted during the day. Here is a list of the top thirteen best dog chew toys available, based or ratings and user reviews.
15. UYIKU Pet Toy Balls
Ideal for: Dogs that are heavy chewers.
These pet toy balls are perfect for dogs that are anxious when they are home alone, or dogs that simply feel the need to chew on something all day long. The resistant material ensures your dog will be able to enjoy this toy for a long time, and the toy’s claw design promotes good oral health.
- Keeps the dog busy for hours of play.
- Comes in a set of two balls.
- Extra tough.
- Releases anxiety.
- The toy is smaller than it appears.
- Avid chewers will destroy it faster.
- The material is not digestible.
- Some dogs are not interested in this toy.
14. Nylabone Romp’n’Chomp Treat Toy
Ideal for: Dogs who love the taste of chicken.
If your dog likes to chew on things, and they also love to eat chicken, this toy is perfect for them. It is made out of natural ingredients, it tastes really good, and it contains no artificial colors, sugar, salt, fillers, or preservatives. Plus, it comes with a refill.
- Contains real chicken.
- Affordable price.
- Cleans your dog’s teeth.
- Hand washable.
- Dogs chew it quickly.
- Not suitable for large breeds.
- You will constantly have to buy new ones.
13. KONG Dental with Rope
Ideal for: Small to medium-sized dogs.
The next item on our list of best dog chew toys is one that is made from durable rubber and rope. The good news is that you can replace the rope without having to purchase another toy, if something happens to the old one. This toy is made in the USA.
- Comes in two sizes, S for small dogs, and M for medium-sized dogs.
- Holds up very well.
- Replaceable rope.
- Made of natural rubber.
- Doesn’t clean a dog’s teeth.
- The rope may cause a mess when chewed on.
- Some dogs ignore this toy.
12. Himalayan Dog Chew
Ideal for: Dogs of any size, age, or breed.
Some of the best dog chew toys are made of all-natural ingredients, and this is one of them. This chew toy contains Himalayan ingredients that provide your dog with a rich source of vitamins and minerals. It is made following an ancient Himalayan recipe. It contains 526 percent protein, 9 percent fat, 303 percent carbohydrates, 60 percent ash food, and 102 percent moisture.
- Made with cow and yak milk, lime juice, and salt, to create a tasty treat.
- This toy contains no preservatives.
- Great size.
- May cause stomach upset in some dogs.
- Some pieces might not be fully digested by dogs.
- The smell can be unpleasant for the owners.
- You might have to supervise your dog while they chew on this.
11. Benebone Flavored Wishbone Chew Toy
Ideal for: Dogs that are under 70 Lbs.
The Benebone chew bone is made in the USA, with real ingredients and flavors. The flavor and scent are mixed with the super-strong nylon and 100% bacon ingredients, so the flavor is designed to last as long as the toy itself.
- This bone contains deep grooves, which enable dogs to get a good bite while playing.
- The shape works well for dogs who play alone, as they can secure it easily between paws and mouth.
- Real flavor.
- Comes in several sizes.
- Not recommended for puppies with sharp teeth.
- Not edible.
- Heavy chewers will destroy it quickly.
- The bone might be too rough on sensitive gums.
10. Best Bully Sticks Grade-A Elk and Deer Antler Dog Chews
Ideal for: Dogs of any size, age, or breed.
An all-natural option for the best dog chew toys you can find online, this one is also affordable. These antlers are packed with protein, and are low in fat, which works to support a healthy diet. They are sources of minerals and vitamins, like calcium, zinc, iron, and manganese.
- These are made in the USA, and are a great source of vitamins and minerals.
- This toy aids in oral health by scraping away plaque and tartar as your dog plays.
- USDA and FDA approved.
- Some antlers may have sharp edges.
- The product might be smaller than advertised.
- This toy splinters easily.
- It can make a mess on the floor.
9. West Paw Zogoflex Zisc Tough Flying Disc Dog Play Toy
Ideal for: Dogs that love fetch.
This is a high-quality frisbee that you can use to play fetch with your dog. The frisbee floats as well, for fun times at the pool. The plastic it is made of is soft enough not to damage your dog’s teeth and gums, but hard enough to make the frisbee fly high.
- Available in two sizes.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Dogs that are heavy chewers will destroy this toy pretty quickly.
- Might be too heavy for some dogs.
- Not practical for dogs with a pointy snout.
- The center of the disk is thinner than the rest.
8. Best Bully Sticks 100% Natural Cow Ear Dog Treats
Ideal for: Dogs of any shape or size.
These cow ears are made of 100% free-range cattle. Cow ears are completely digestible and easy to digest, in case your dog enjoys this chewing toy too much that he ends up eating parts of it. These chew toys are minimally processed. They’ve just been dried, then washed.
- These toys are low in fat, and consist of only natural ingredients.
- Cow ears contain no additives, preservatives, or chemicals, and they are extremely easy to digest.
- Suitable for all dogs.
- Some dogs may have an upset stomach after consumption.
- The ears have an unpleasant smell, especially when wet.
- Some customers reported these toys being greasy.
7. West Paw Zogoflex Hurley Durable Dog Bone Chew Toy
Ideal for: Any dog, due to the three different sizes.
This bright and fun dog toy will keep your dog entertained for hours. Whether you are looking for a reliable bone for a game of fetch, or an all-day chew toy for that aggressive chewer, this toy is one of the best dog chew toys there is.
- This toy is extremely durable, and will last for long chewing sessions.
- This bone is safe and floatable, which makes it ideal for water or land play.
- Dishwasher safe.
- This is not a suitable toy for puppies who have sharp teeth.
- Heavy chewers will destroy it quickly.
- Some dogs are not interested in playing with this toy.
6. Blue’s Choice Rope Toy For Dogs
Ideal for: Medium and large dog breeds.
This cool rope chew toy from Blue’s Choice is a great option for all-day play. Whether you have an active dog, or an aggressive chewer, this is the toy for you. This rope is also great for puppies that are teething.
- This toy works well for re-directing dogs away from bad chewing and biting behavior.
- This toy is strong, bright, and great for games of fetch.
- This is one of the best chew toys for a dog’s oral health, as it works to strengthen the teeth and jaw as the dog plays.
- Easy to wash.
- Fibers can come off, leaving small messes around your home.
- If you have an aggressive chewer, they will destroy the toy quickly.
- Some dogs just don’t have an interest in this kind of toy.
5. Best Bully Sticks Jumbo Smoked Shin Bones
Ideal for: Medium to large dogs, as well as aggressive chewers.
These smoked shin bones are made of all-natural ingredients like grass-fed beef. These bones promote good oral health, and prove to be an excellent source of vitamins and minerals. They are also sources of calcium that promote the health of your dog’s teeth and bones.
- This smoked shin bone is slow-cooked to flavored perfection.
- Bone actively scrapes away tartar and plaque from dogs’ teeth as they chew on it.
- 100 percent natural.
- Some dog owners report that these bones can splinter.
- These bones have an unpleasant smell.
- A bit pricey for how much they last.
4. Petstages Dogwood Natural Wood Flavored Dog Chew Toy
Ideal for: Any size pooch.
The Petstages dogwood stick proves to be one of the best dog chew toys available. This toy comes in four sizes, making it the perfect toy for any dog. Also, you can buy each size in packs of two as well. The natural wood smell works to keep dogs interested for hours of play.
- These sticks are floatable.
- They are great chew toys for active and aggressive chewers.
- The natural smell is a result of combining natural wood and synthetic materials that are safe for your dog.
- Phthalate and lead free.
- This toy is designed to be digested; however, the small pieces may scare owners.
- It will cause a mess when chewed on.
- Some dogs get an upset stomach from this toy.
- Heavy chewers will destroy this toy quickly.
3. West Paw Zogoflex Tux Interactive Treat Dispensing Dog Chew Toy
Ideal for: Medium to large dogs.
This dog chewing toy works well at keeping your dog entertained for hours. The toy has a small compartment inside that holds treats, so your dog will enjoy digging out the treats for hours. This toy is designed to be durable and tough.
- This toy is brightly colored, coming in four different colors.
- It is made of durable materials, so it is sure to last for hours of fun.
- It keeps your dog stimulated and entertained.
- Not a good option for smaller dog breeds.
- It can be difficult to put treats inside of it.
- This toy is not suitable for extreme chewers.
- It can attract hair.
2. Duoer Well Love Dog Toys
Ideal for: Dogs of any shape, size, or breed.
This combination dog toy pack is sure to impress your dog, while providing hours of fun playtime. The bright colors and fantastic shapes work well to keep your pooch entertained throughout the entire day. These are some of the best dog chew toys that are non-toxic and safe.
- This product is a great value for the price.
- The variety of shapes, sizes, and textures are all fun and inviting, so you do not have to worry about your dog getting bored when you are away.
- Refund guarantee.
- Versatile toy.
- The squeaky toy is not as durable as the rest of the toys in the pack.
- You need to supervise your dog while he plays with these toys.
- Toys are smaller than they seem.
- These toys are not extremely resistant.
1. Charming Pet Cuddle Tugs Pet Squeak Toy, Bunny
Ideal for: Tug-o-war.
This toy is one of the best dog chew toys for dogs who enjoy tug-o-war. The body of the toy contains crinkle paper and squeakers, which make this toy extremely entertaining. The toy is quite durable, but also cuddly and soft, due to the material it is made of. When extended, it measures 26 inches.
- Cuddly toy.
- Perfect for a variety of activities.
- Not great for dogs that are heavy chewers.
- A bit pricey.
Whether your dog is a nervous chewer, or simply likes to nipple when bored, you do not want to take the chance and let him destroy your belongings. Keeping any one of these best dog chew toys on hand will ensure your home is safe and sound from your dog’s busy jaw. If you have any other recommendations for best dog chew toys, leave them down below!
Recommended read: 10 Best Chew Toys for Puppies