Dogs often chew on their owners’ personal belongings when they are bored or left home alone for long periods of time.
One way to ensure they are not chewing through your home furniture, shoes, or other cherished possessions is by providing them with the right chew toys to keep them busy and distracted during the day.
So here is a list of the best dog chew toys available today based on expert ratings and purchasing customer reviews!
There’s a chew toy for every dog on our list. Find out which is the perfect one for your pooch.
12. Benebone Flavored Wishbone Chew Toy
Ideal for: Dogs that are under 70 Lbs
The Benebone chew bone is made in the USA, with real ingredients and flavors.
The flavor and scent are mixed with the super-strong nylon and 100% bacon ingredients, so the flavor is designed to last as long as the toy itself.
- This bone contains deep grooves, which enable dogs to get a good bite while playing
- The shape works well for dogs who play alone, as they can secure it easily between paws and mouth
- Real flavor
- Comes in several size variants
- Not recommended for puppies with sharp teeth
- Not edible
- The bone might be too rough on sensitive gums
11. West Paw Zogoflex Zisc Tough Flying Disc Dog Play Toy
Ideal for: Dogs that love to fetch
This is a high-quality frisbee that you can use to play fetch with your dog.
The frisbee floats as well, for fun times at the pool.
The plastic it is made of is soft enough not to damage your dog’s teeth and gums, but hard enough to make the frisbee fly high.
- Available in two sizes
- Dishwasher safe
- Might be too heavy for some dogs
- Not practical for dogs with a pointy snout
- The center of the disk is thinner than the rest
Recommended: You should consider a dog ball launcher too.
10. Best Bully Sticks 100% Natural Cow Ear Dog Treats
Ideal for: Dogs of any shape or size
These cow ears are made of 100% free-range cattle.
Cow ears are completely digestible and easy to digest, in case your dog enjoys this chewing toy too much that he ends up eating parts of it.
These chew toys are minimally processed.
They’ve just been dried, then washed.
- These toys are low in fat, and consist of only natural ingredients
- Cow ears contain no additives, preservatives, or chemicals
- Extremely easy to digest
- Suitable for all dogs
- Some dogs may have an upset stomach after consumption.
- The ears have an unpleasant smell, especially when wet.
9. West Paw Zogoflex Hurley Durable Dog Bone Chew Toy
Ideal for: Any dog, due to the three different sizes
This bright and fun dog toy will keep your dog entertained for hours.
Whether you are looking for a reliable bone for a game of fetch or an all-day chew toy for that aggressive chewer, this toy is one of the best dog chew toys there is.
- This toy is extremely durable and will last even over long chewing sessions
- This bone is safe and floatable, which makes it ideal for water or land play
- Dishwasher safe
- This is not a suitable toy for puppies who have sharp teeth.
- Heavy chewers will destroy it quickly.
8. Blue’s Choice Rope Toy For Dogs
Ideal for: Medium and large dog breeds
This cool rope chew toy from Blue’s Choice is a great option for all-day play.
Whether you have an active dog or an aggressive chewer, this is the toy for you.
This rope is also great for puppies that are teething.
- This toy works well for re-directing dogs away from bad chewing and biting behavior
- This toy is strong, bright, and great for games of fetch
- This is one of the best chew toys for a dog’s oral health, as it works to strengthen the teeth and jaw as the dog plays
- Easy to wash
- Fibers can come off, leaving small messes around your home
- If you have an aggressive chewer, they will destroy the toy quickly
7. Best Bully Sticks Jumbo Smoked Shin Bones
Ideal for: Medium to large dogs, as well as aggressive chewers
These smoked shin bones are made of all-natural ingredients like grass-fed beef.
These bones promote good oral health and prove to be an excellent source of vitamins and minerals.
They are also sources of calcium that promote the health of your dog’s teeth and bones.
- This smoked shin bone is slow-cooked to flavored perfection
- Bone actively scrapes away tartar and plaque from dogs’ teeth as they chew on it
- 100% natural
- Some dog owners report that these bones can splinter
- These bones have an unpleasant smell
- A bit pricey for how much they last
6. Petstages Dogwood Natural Wood Flavored Dog Chew Toy
Ideal for: Any pooch size
The Petstages dogwood stick proves to be one of the best dog chew toys available.
This toy comes in four sizes, making it the perfect toy for any dog. Also, you can buy each size in packs of two as well.
The natural wood smell works to keep dogs interested for hours of play.
- These sticks are floatable
- They are great chew toys for active and aggressive chewers
- The natural smell is a result of combining natural wood and synthetic materials that are safe for your dog
- Phthalate and lead-free
- This toy is designed to be digested; however, the small pieces may scare owners.
- It will cause a mess when chewed on.
- Some dogs get an upset stomach from this toy.
5. West Paw Zogoflex Tux Interactive Treat Dispensing Dog Chew Toy
Ideal for: Medium to large dogs
This dog chewing toy works well at keeping your dog entertained for hours.
The toy has a small compartment inside that holds treats, so your dog will enjoy digging out the treats for hours.
This toy is designed to be durable and tough.
- This toy is brightly colored, coming in four different colors
- It is made of durable materials, so it is sure to last for hours of fun
- It keeps your dog stimulated and entertained
- It can be difficult to put treats inside of it
- Difficult to put treats inside
- It can attract hair
4. Duoer Well Love Dog Toys
Ideal for: Dogs of any shape, size, or breed
This combination dog toy pack is sure to impress your dog as it provides hours of fun playtime.
The bright colors and fantastic shapes work well to keep your pooch entertained throughout the entire day.
These are some of the best dog chew toys that are non-toxic and safe.
- This product is a great value for the price
- The variety of shapes, sizes, and textures are all fun and inviting, so you do not have to worry about your dog getting bored when you are away
- Refund guarantee
- Versatile toy
- The squeaky toy is not as durable as the rest of the toys in the pack
- You need to supervise your dog while he plays with these toys
3. Charming Pet Cuddle Tugs Pet Squeak Toy, Bunny
Ideal for: Tug-o-War fans
This toy is one of the best dog chew toys for dogs who enjoy tug-o-war.
The body of the toy contains crinkle paper and squeakers, which make this toy extremely entertaining.
The toy is quite durable, but also cuddly and soft, due to the material it is made of.
When extended, it measures 26 inches.
- Cuddly plush toy
- Perfect for a variety of activities
- Not great for dogs that are heavy chewers
2. Nylabone Dura Chew Dog Toy
Ideal for: Large (extreme) power chewers
The Nylabone Dura Chew is one of the best dog chew toys for large aggressive chewers.
Made of ultra-durable hard plastic material, this dog toy is ideal for compulsive chewers (50 lbs and up) that need a durable dog chew toy to keep them busy and entertained for hours on end.
If your power chewer has the habit of chewing off the ends of ‘indestructible’ bone-shaped toys, you might want to consider Nylabone’s textured ring.
The Nylabone Dura Chew Plus textured ring has been especially designed for extreme chewers.
What’s more, the textured surface and design of both the ring and the bone-shaped chew toy make this toy an excellent prop for your pup’s oral care.
- Perfect for really aggressive chewers
- More durable even than some Kong toys
- Keeps dog teeth squeaky clean
- Plastic too hard for some dogs
- Not for power chewers with really sharp teeth
1. Gucho Ultra Durable Dog Chew Toy (Updated)
Ideal for: Power chewers of all ages
The Gucho Ultra Durable Dog Chew Toy is the best dog chew toy on the market for several good reasons.
It is made of industrial-grade natural rubber, it is virtually indestructible, is safe for teething puppies, and the grooves can be filled with peanut butter or other treats to turn the toy into a treat dispenser.
The freshly updated material in this toy is more resilient than nylon toys, such as the Nylabone Dura Chew, but softer than other indestructible rubber toys.
It promotes not only healthy chewing behaviors, but also mental stimulation to fight off boredom and separation anxiety in your pup when you’re not around.
What’s more, your dog cannot outgrow the toy as Gucho’s updated ultra durable dog chew toy can double as a safe puppy teething toy, thanks to the soft material.
- Virtually indestructible
- Soft, quality rubber
- Ring shape is perfect for extreme chewers
- Safe for puppies
- Large enough to play tug-o-war
- Great for oral hygiene
- Too heavy for small puppies
- May come with strong odor out of the box
Related: For more indestructible dog chew toys, check out our Top 10: Best Indestructible Dog Toys that Pass the Test with flying colors.
Whether your dog is a nervous chewer, or simply likes to nibble when bored, you do not want to take the chance and let it destroy your belongings.
Keeping any one of these best dog chew toys on hand will ensure your home is safe and sound from your dog’s busy jaw.
If you have any other recommendations for best dog chew toys, leave them down below!
Recommended read: 10 Best Chew Toys for Puppies