Dogs often chew on things when they are bored or home alone for a long period of time.
One way to ensure they are not chewing on your home furniture, shoes, or other items is by providing them with chew toys to keep them busy and distracted during the day.
Here is a list of the best dog chew toys available, based or ratings and user reviews.
14. UYIKU Pet Toy Balls
Ideal for: Dogs that are heavy chewers
These pet toy balls are perfect for dogs that are anxious when they are home alone, or dogs that simply feel the need to chew on something all day long.
The resistant material ensures your dog will be able to enjoy this toy for a long time, and the toy’s claw design promotes good oral health.
- Keeps the dog busy for hours of play
- Comes in a set of two balls
- Extra tough
- Releases anxiety
- Avid chewers will destroy it faster
- The material is not digestible
13. Nylabone Romp’n’Chomp Treat Toy
Ideal for: Dogs who love the taste of chicken
If your dog likes to chew on things, and they also love to eat chicken, this toy is perfect for them.
It is made out of natural ingredients, it tastes really good, and it contains no artificial colors, sugar, salt, fillers, or preservatives.
Plus, it comes with a refill.
- Contains real chicken
- Cleans your dog’s teeth
- Hand washable
- Not suitable for large breeds
- You will constantly have to buy new ones
12. Himalayan Dog Chew
Ideal for: Dogs of any size, age, or breed
Some of the best dog chew toys are made of all-natural ingredients, and this is one of them.
This chew toy contains Himalayan ingredients that provide your dog with a rich source of vitamins and minerals.
It is made following an ancient Himalayan recipe.
It contains 526 percent protein, 9 percent fat, 303 percent carbohydrates, 60 percent ash food, and 102 percent moisture.
- Made with cow and yak milk, lime juice, and salt, to create a tasty treat
- This toy contains no preservatives
- Great size
- May cause stomach upset in some dogs
- You might have to supervise your dog while they chew on this
Suggested: You might like to take a look at some Tuffy toys.
11. Benebone Flavored Wishbone Chew Toy
Ideal for: Dogs that are under 70 Lbs
The Benebone chew bone is made in the USA, with real ingredients and flavors.
The flavor and scent are mixed with the super-strong nylon and 100% bacon ingredients, so the flavor is designed to last as long as the toy itself.
- This bone contains deep grooves, which enable dogs to get a good bite while playing
- The shape works well for dogs who play alone, as they can secure it easily between paws and mouth
- Real flavor
- Comes in several size variants
- Not recommended for puppies with sharp teeth
- Not edible
- The bone might be too rough on sensitive gums
10. Best Bully Sticks Grade-A Elk and Deer Antler Dog Chews
Ideal for: Dogs of any size, age, or breed
An all-natural option for the best dog chew toys you can find online, this one is also affordable.
These antlers are packed with protein, and are low in fat, which works to support a healthy diet.
They are sources of minerals and vitamins, like calcium, zinc, iron, and manganese.
- These are made in the USA
- Great source of vitamins and minerals
- This toy aids in oral health by scraping away plaque and tartar as your dog plays
- USDA and FDA approved
- Some antlers may have sharp edges
- This toy splinters easily
- It can make a mess on the floor
9. West Paw Zogoflex Zisc Tough Flying Disc Dog Play Toy
Ideal for: Dogs that love fetch
This is a high-quality frisbee that you can use to play fetch with your dog.
The frisbee floats as well, for fun times at the pool.
The plastic it is made of is soft enough not to damage your dog’s teeth and gums, but hard enough to make the frisbee fly high.
- Available in two sizes
- Dishwasher safe
- Might be too heavy for some dogs
- Not practical for dogs with a pointy snout
- The center of the disk is thinner than the rest
Recommended: You should consider a dog ball launcher too.
8. Best Bully Sticks 100% Natural Cow Ear Dog Treats
Ideal for: Dogs of any shape or size
These cow ears are made of 100% free-range cattle.
Cow ears are completely digestible and easy to digest, in case your dog enjoys this chewing toy too much that he ends up eating parts of it.
These chew toys are minimally processed.
They’ve just been dried, then washed.
- These toys are low in fat, and consist of only natural ingredients
- Cow ears contain no additives, preservatives, or chemicals
- Extremely easy to digest
- Suitable for all dogs
- Some dogs may have an upset stomach after consumption.
- The ears have an unpleasant smell, especially when wet.
7. West Paw Zogoflex Hurley Durable Dog Bone Chew Toy
Ideal for: Any dog, due to the three different sizes
This bright and fun dog toy will keep your dog entertained for hours.
Whether you are looking for a reliable bone for a game of fetch or an all-day chew toy for that aggressive chewer, this toy is one of the best dog chew toys there is.
- This toy is extremely durable, and will last for long chewing sessions
- This bone is safe and floatable, which makes it ideal for water or land play
- Dishwasher safe
- This is not a suitable toy for puppies who have sharp teeth.
- Heavy chewers will destroy it quickly.
6. Blue’s Choice Rope Toy For Dogs
Ideal for: Medium and large dog breeds
This cool rope chew toy from Blue’s Choice is a great option for all-day play.
Whether you have an active dog, or an aggressive chewer, this is the toy for you.
This rope is also great for puppies that are teething.
- This toy works well for re-directing dogs away from bad chewing and biting behavior
- This toy is strong, bright, and great for games of fetch
- This is one of the best chew toys for a dog’s oral health, as it works to strengthen the teeth and jaw as the dog plays
- Easy to wash
- Fibers can come off, leaving small messes around your home
- If you have an aggressive chewer, they will destroy the toy quickly
5. Best Bully Sticks Jumbo Smoked Shin Bones
Ideal for: Medium to large dogs, as well as aggressive chewers
These smoked shin bones are made of all-natural ingredients like grass-fed beef.
These bones promote good oral health, and prove to be an excellent source of vitamins and minerals.
They are also sources of calcium that promote the health of your dog’s teeth and bones.
- This smoked shin bone is slow-cooked to flavored perfection
- Bone actively scrapes away tartar and plaque from dogs’ teeth as they chew on it
- 100 percent natural
- Some dog owners report that these bones can splinter
- These bones have an unpleasant smell
- A bit pricey for how much they last
4. Petstages Dogwood Natural Wood Flavored Dog Chew Toy
Ideal for: Any pooch size
The Petstages dogwood stick proves to be one of the best dog chew toys available.
This toy comes in four sizes, making it the perfect toy for any dog. Also, you can buy each size in packs of two as well.
The natural wood smell works to keep dogs interested for hours of play.
- These sticks are floatable
- They are great chew toys for active and aggressive chewers
- The natural smell is a result of combining natural wood and synthetic materials that are safe for your dog
- Phthalate and lead-free
- This toy is designed to be digested; however, the small pieces may scare owners.
- It will cause a mess when chewed on.
- Some dogs get an upset stomach from this toy.
3. West Paw Zogoflex Tux Interactive Treat Dispensing Dog Chew Toy
Ideal for: Medium to large dogs
This dog chewing toy works well at keeping your dog entertained for hours.
The toy has a small compartment inside that holds treats, so your dog will enjoy digging out the treats for hours.
This toy is designed to be durable and tough.
- This toy is brightly colored, coming in four different colors
- It is made of durable materials, so it is sure to last for hours of fun
- It keeps your dog stimulated and entertained
- It can be difficult to put treats inside of it
- Difficult to put treats inside
- It can attract hair
2. Duoer Well Love Dog Toys
Ideal for: Dogs of any shape, size, or breed
This combination dog toy pack is sure to impress your dog, while providing hours of fun playtime.
The bright colors and fantastic shapes work well to keep your pooch entertained throughout the entire day.
These are some of the best dog chew toys that are non-toxic and safe.
- This product is a great value for the price
- The variety of shapes, sizes, and textures are all fun and inviting, so you do not have to worry about your dog getting bored when you are away
- Refund guarantee
- Versatile toy
- The squeaky toy is not as durable as the rest of the toys in the pack
- You need to supervise your dog while he plays with these toys
1. Charming Pet Cuddle Tugs Pet Squeak Toy, Bunny
Ideal for: Tug-o-War fans
This toy is one of the best dog chew toys for dogs who enjoy tug-o-war.
The body of the toy contains crinkle paper and squeakers, which make this toy extremely entertaining.
The toy is quite durable, but also cuddly and soft, due to the material it is made of.
When extended, it measures 26 inches.
- Cuddly toy
- Perfect for a variety of activities
- Not great for dogs that are heavy chewers
- A bit pricey
Whether your dog is a nervous chewer, or simply likes to nipple when bored, you do not want to take the chance and let him destroy your belongings.
Keeping any one of these best dog chew toys on hand will ensure your home is safe and sound from your dog’s busy jaw.
If you have any other recommendations for best dog chew toys, leave them down below!
Recommended read: 10 Best Chew Toys for Puppies
Hale is very much an outdoors fan and there’s no place he’d go without Peanut, his golden Shep buddy. When they aren’t camping, backpacking, or hitting some trails, this pair enjoys discovering the latest toys, and usually goes for a walk in the park to try them out.