A lot of cat owners prefer to keep their furry friends inside. Keeping a cat indoors requires a lot of attention and distraction to keep them from getting bored. There are numerous cat toys for indoor cats available on the market that distract your cat for hours on end so they never want to roam outdoors. Here is a list of the ten best cat toys available to choose from.
10. Textured Cat Mat by Pawfect Pets
This cat mat works well for keeping your cat entertained indoors. These indoor cat toys crinkle when stepped on, which work to keep your cat coming back for more.
- This mat is perfect for all cats and kittens.
- This mat has a scratch post, turn texture, and a feather toy to keep your cat entertained.
- The mat is extremely durable and made of sisal material that is guaranteed to hold up even during the harshest scratch session.
- The feather toy aims to keep your cat scratching, rolling, and playing for endless fun.
- This mat is on the small side.
9. Interactive Cat Puzzle
This interactive cat puzzle works to keep your cat busy chasing and pawing for indoor play. This item is extremely durable and will last numerous play sessions.
- This puzzle toy is ideal for any cat.
- These cat toys for indoor cats include 2 balls and a mouse that the cat reaches for inside all the holes.
- The material is extremely durable so it is guaranteed to last through even the roughest play session.
- Not a great option for cats that do not like puzzles.
8. Straw Catnip Balls by KONG
Kong exceeds customer expectations with these addictive cat toys for indoor cats. These catnip balls are designed to provide endless indoor entertainment for your fluffy friend.
- Cats that are not aggressive chewers.
- This toy is composed entirely of renewable resources.
- It’s made with catnip to stimulate your cat’s mind and keep it entertained and interested.
- This toy is made with natural straw that is stuffed with catnip.
- This item is not very durable.
7. Pudgy Pals’ CatNip Toy
This catnip toy is filled with an appropriate amount of catnip that is guaranteed to keep your cat interested! This catnip toy will keep your cat healthy and active indoors.
- This toy is perfect for indoor cats that need encouragement to exercise.
- These cat toys for indoor cats have multiple textures, which are sure to keep your cat actively engaged.
- This toy is overstuffed and designed to resemble a squirrel.
- The soft and distinct texture is great for cuddling, scratching, or rough play.
- There are no negative aspects of this toy that have been reported.
6. Cat Tree with Scratching Posts
This cat tree contains three levels, which are joined together by multiple scratching posts wrapped in sisal. Whether your cat wants to lay or play, this multi-purpose toy provides them endless options.
- This item is ideal for cats that weigh less than 20 lbs.
- This item is stable and easy to assemble.
- This cat tree is constructed with MDF, carpet, tubes, and sisal for a strong and reliable product.
- This item comes in just under 3-feet and is the perfect size for your cat or kitten.
- The bed on top is not suitable for larger cats.
5. Cat Condo by CatHaven
Instead of seeing your cat run up trees outside, you can encourage your cat to stay inside and climb a safer alternative. The cat condo toy by CatHaven brings a touch of nature indoors for your cat’s enjoyment.
- Cats who like to climb.
- This cat condo comes in three different sizes, which ensure you will find one to fit your cat based on weight.
- The leaves on this tree are thick, which allows your cat to hide and play.
- This tree allows for scratching, jumping, relaxing and climbing.
- This cat is easy to assemble and requires no tools.
- This tree is designed for cats under 32 Lbs and not suitable for larger cats.
4. Large Indoor Cat Tunnel
This cat tunnel is wrapped with bright colors and has four openings with bells. This tunnel has ten color options so you are sure to find one to blend with your room’s decor.
- Cats under 20 lbs. and kittens.
- This tunnel is built with crinkle cracker paper, bell toys, and peepholes that are sure to encourage your cat to continue playing.
- This is a rather large tunnel, with over 50-inches of tunnel spanned over three individual tubes so your cat can climb inside and on top.
- This tube is collapsible and portable, allowing you to fold it up and carry it to any room in your home.
- Some cat owners with cats over 20 lbs. feel this item is not large enough.
3. Squeaky Bird Toy
The Play-N-Squeak cat bird toy comes in six different designs that are guaranteed to keep your cat mentally and physically stimulated.
- This toy is ideal for any size or an aged cat.
- This bird comes with RealMouse sound, which squeaks to keep your cat interested.
- This toy is filled with catnip and works to allow cats to prey on birds while they are safe indoors.
- The OurPets customer service is not rated too highly. Nonetheless, this generally does not impact the quality of the toy.
2. The Interactive Cat Toy by FluffyPal
Interactive cat toys encourage continual play as they keep cats engaged in what is going on. This interactive cat toy works to keep your cat active by tempting them to catch the ball or mouse.
- This toy works for any cats as it encourages them to be more active.
- This toy is extremely durable and great for longer play sessions.
- This toy interacts with your cat by allowing them to chase the ball as it spins around the base or they can play with the mouse on top.
- The spring is great quality and extremely reliable.
- Some of the holes along the base are small so not all cats will be able to reach in from every angle.
1. Dental Treat Toy by SunGrow
Not only does this cat dental treat ball help clean your cat’s teeth, but it delivers snacks that keep your cat enticed and coming back for more.
- We’ve included this on our cat toys for indoor cats list because it’s ideal for keeping cats active and encouraging proper food and treat portions.
- The texture of this ball works to remove tartar from the surface of your cat’s teeth as they chew.
- This ball design works to encourages cats to continually play with the ball and work for the treats inside.
- Some cats lose interest in fighting a ball for their food.
Cat toys for indoor cats should never be boring. Bright colors, fun textures, and varying styles will keep your cat entertained for hours. Any of the toys listed here will help you keep your furry friend loving the indoor lifestyle.